NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First thoughts, first mods

First thought was that I want to make connections to my former bug, "Wink."

When I got the new one, the bud vase was missing, and I thought - was pretty sure that - I still have Wink's. I do! That was the first mod - added some fabric gerber daisies that my wife, Suzan, had. They will do for starters.

A few other thoughts:
The drivers side heated seat doesn't work - I investigated and found a green plastic connector that is not connected to it's mate - but I couldn't see the mate. Not an easy place to stick your head to see what you're doing. I want toasty buns!

There is no "cold engine light" - I read the owners manual and see that there can be a red temp warning light for overheating or low coolant level but no indication for when the engine is cold or when it is warmed up. Miss my temp, and other gauges.

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tribute

I was so psyched when I found that I still have 2 Su-47 Berkut vinyl decals. For now they are the only graphics this car will have. I have plans for another airplane imitation but I will have to take things slow - I don't have the kind of disposable income I did when I was teaching and tutoring after school.

So - a reminder of Wink's theme...

Close up...

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
I'll be following this thread, for sure.

Yesterday, I saw my 2002 GLX at a car wash in town, so I pulled in to speak to the new owner. Told him how to turn on the fogs (every time I saw it driving, the fogs were not on), that the steering wheel spokes and pedals are from a limited edition Turbo S, not stock, and that the black door pulls are from one of our favorite New Beetles, your Wink. He was happy to hear about all of the fun things, and said it's a blast to drive. He was using the vacuum on the floor, and I was glad she's being taken care of.

Have fun with your new-to-you New Beetle. I'm glad you're back!

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The games afoot!
Great seeing you not only back in a beetle, but getting you modding mojo working. I can relate on cash to mod. Little by little my friend...you'll will get there.
Very little by very little - but yes, where there is a will there is a way!

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The best place of all

Home!

I managed to "fix" the drivers side heated seat - It was just disconnected, for some reason, and I was able to clip it up and the heater works just fine - even seems to have each different setting unlike "Wink's" that was 5=scorching and 0-4 basically off.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Seeing Wink makes me sad. But, I am so happy that you are back in a Bug.

And, I totally LOVE your tribute to our friend.

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Back at myself

So crap - Photobucket now wants me to pay up - screw that!

I always like rolling down the road photos. I managed to get this neat one the other day. Thoughts of Tom Winzenburger - this is the kind of picture he would grab.

Attachments

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Little help please.

I'm painting my interior headliner/pillar trim pieces. Can someone please tell me how to get this piece (the upper ceiling grab handle, b-pillar hand strap?? off. I got the A-pillar pieces off and painted already but I'm not sure how to remove the rest - all input/advice appreciated.

Why no picture posted?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
6 Participants
squeebug
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing