NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
50% OLD (o\_l_/o) School
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Funny Story: Woman Wants Summer Air in Tires

So there's this story that has circulated around the service department I worked at..here it goes.

Woman pulls up with her Monte Carlo, not sure if it was LS LT or SS..either way, doesn't matter. She walks in and says to the guy at the counter, "My husband told me to come in and have the air replaced in my tires." Service guy says "Ma'am, do you mean you need your tire pressure checked? do you know of a leak in the tire?" The woman replies with "NO, nothing like that, it's that my husband said I need to have the air in my tires replaced with Summer Air because it's spring and we still have the Winter Air in them." The Service guy laughs, and realizes whats going on and explains that her husband must be pulling a joke on her, so he sends the woman off with a bogus invoice stating "REPLACEMENT OF WINTER AIR WITH SUMMER AIR: $30 per tire labor & $5 per tire for cost of Air" A few hours later, 5 mins till the shop was to close, the service counter receives a phone call from a extremely angry man yelling about how his wife was ripped off and charged $140 for an absurd request. After yelling and not allowing the service manager to explain that he had not actually charged the man's wife for anything, the man hung up the phone and said "This wont be the last you hear from me!".....

A week later our service department received a written apology and a 20 dollar bill..the letter said "Have a few rounds on me fellas. ha ha" it was signed "Happy Customer with Summer Air."

Lets just say his apology was accepted and the Monte Carlo never came in for its Winter Air appointment in the fall.

Source:

·
50% OLD (o\_l_/o) School
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts