NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
adittz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i got into prudence today after work, and went to open up my sunglasses holder, like i do every day, to get my sunglasses out... and it just fell on me? not the entire mechanical part, just the covering and the button. how the hell can i fix this?! i've only had her 15 days, i can't be driving around with a busted sunglasses holder thing, haha. HELLLLPPPP!

-LSDubz<3

·
adittz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i'm crossing my fingers that this is a terribly easy fix and i am just a dumb woman.
however, i'm sure hoping i'm just a dumb woman is an awful thing to hope :p

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Guess there were changes in them. This seller had one, it's not indicated as being sold, but it doesn;t look like yours.
SUNGLASSES HOLDER VW BEETLE 98-05 GRAY | eBay

Get the p/n off yours, I can give you a list of resources where to buy new.

MORAV

·
adittz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get the what off mine? also, it's the center one, not the random useless one on the drivers side next to the window. it goes right above my clock/thermometer. i don't have a sunroof :)() if that means anything...

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
that's pretty easy to fix yourself, for free!!! (possibly the cost of glue if you want though)

just open the drawer again by pushing that little piece held up by the spring down a little, tug an the drawer and it will pop out of the hinge.

then the two pieces just snap back together. it's a lot easier to do this out of the car, and if it doesnt hold well, you can always add some glue.

then just slide it back in it's hinge until it pops back in.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
get the what off mine? also, it's the center one, not the random useless one on the drivers side next to the window. it goes right above my clock/thermometer. i don't have a sunroof :)() if that means anything...
If it isn't fixable (Toad usually knows), as described in the post above, the p/n - "part number", it will be stamped on one of the two pieces, probably like a nine digit number xxx xxx xxx. Shopping on the web, many parts can be bought at 50% of Dealer's prices.

M.

·
adittz
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys! i'll try popping the hinged part out tomorrow when it's NOT torrential downpouring and i can actually see. this is so helpful, thank you thank you!!

- <3 me & prudence

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
My Bug doesn't have a sunglass holder. Was that a factory item??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My Bug doesn't have a sunglass holder. Was that a factory item??? :confused:
It was, but I think '98 and '99. I don't remember my '00T having it, and it had every option. And my '02T doesn't have it.

M.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
dnyed said:
My Bug doesn't have a sunglass holder. Was that a factory item???
MyOtherRidesAVette said:
It was, but I think '98 and '99. I don't remember my '00T having it, and it had every option. And my '02T doesn't have it.

M.
You optioned out people just don't know the awesomeness of this seldom talked about place.

It's a 99+ feature. It's an additional cubby-hole when you don't have a sunroof. It's exactly where the sunroof dial is.

and I know the drawer itself comes out.... because i took mine out to put something more useful, to me, in it's place. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts