VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
03 NBC
My daughter has been driving my NBC since April 2014. Sometime around August, she ran over something and tore apart one of the rear tires. I has a set of near brand new tires from my TwinTurbo Z that I had no use for so I decided to give them a shot at the NBC. Front: 225/50/16; Rear: 245/45/16. I knew the fronts would fit with no problems. However, even after all the math, I wasn't so sure about the rears. To my surprise it worked and the car looked so much better with the tires filling up the space in the wheel wells better than stock. Speedo offset was near null. Unfortunately, they were all-summer rubbers which had to come off as we are getting into our mild winter in my part of the country. I replaced them last week with M+S 225/50/16 all around. I prefer this to the stock size.

Regarding driveability/handling, the larger footprints seem to respond just a tad quicker than stock, a bit noisier (that's just the tire brand though) but definitely more steering feel due to the lower profile. I kind of liked it!

Just thought to share.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would if I had the car. My daughter has the car and in college. As soon as I get a hold of the car, I'll post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts