VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of possibly dropping my 2000 NB, and what I was wondering was whether anyone had ever tried Bilstein B8 shocks and struts with an Eibach Pro Kit lowering(spring) kit?

I want to know if it might lower the car around the advertised dimensions and if I did do this combination, would I need a camber kit to fix any offset.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the setups you cited, but with any lowering kit, they will "settle" over time.
I'm currently running on a coilover setup and like the ability to raise or lower the car based on my car's geometry and seasonal changes. The ride is very good and can attest to that based on my daily driving and recent 3,000 mile driving vacation we just got back from.
I did take mine in after about a month of installation, to allow for settling, for a 4 wheel alignment and it was near spot on. There is some rear camber, and shims are available to correct it, but since I switch out to a smaller wheel/tire combo in the winter, I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, even though this is a bit late for a reply, I did finally switch out the suspension on my NB. I decided to go with a shock/strut that wouldn't lower my car since the streets around where I live aren't exactly in the best condition so a lower car would actually have been a bit of an issue no matter what route I'd take to leave my neighborhood. There is also the fact that I want to maybe change out the stock wheels for a few aftermarket wheels when time comes to change the tires.
Thanks for your reply non the less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts