NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this site but I was looking for specific information on improvements, issues, and details regarding suspension information. Any thoughts on making a suspension sub-forum for NB specific suspension questions and concerns?

For example, I have read in some places that the NB is no different than other MkIV vw platforms in regards to suspension but is that true?

Or, my car is getting up there in miles and age and I wanted to do a suspension rebuild (bushings and such) anyone done a write up on that?

I know how to search but I was hoping for a sub-category to narrow that down some.

Let me know what you think or perhaps a link to information that would be helpful.

Thanks,
JB

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and the reply. honestly this lingered for a while so I just figured there was no interest.

BUMP to see if anyone else would like to see a New Beetle Suspension specific sub forum here.

Jon

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
BUMP to see if anyone else would like to see a New Beetle Suspension specific sub forum here..Jon
I will second that bump. Suspension sub forum would be cool.
Let hope the admins see this post and give us some feed back.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
It would help out a lot with any DIY, air ride kits, coilovers, ect!

Much to learn and talk about with the New Bettle suspension.
Beetle, not Bettle! Wasn't going to say anything but you did it twice lol. :D

I was about to say I thought there was a suspension subforum, but nevermind, it was on the vortex.

So in that case, I think we should have one here.. I am afraid to ask questions on the 'tex. They scare me.

·
Yeah its yellow. So what?
107 Posts
I was about to say I thought there was a suspension subforum, but nevermind, it was on the vortex.

So in that case, I think we should have one here.. I am afraid to ask questions on the 'tex. They scare me.
How is the Vortex forum? I haven't really checked it out but I keep hearing references to it. Should I be a member on both?

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
I'm a member on both. Its a different group but there is a lot of good technical info over there. The Car Lounge is a fun place to hang out too, which is just a general automotive forum, but you can get to it through vwvortex.com

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I'm a member on both. Its a different group but there is a lot of good technical info over there. The Car Lounge is a fun place to hang out too, which is just a general automotive forum, but you can get to it through vwvortex.com

agreed.. there is a lot of great technical data there, I creep all the time but rarely post. Plus the classefieds are better over there since some parts on the beetle are interchangeable with golfs/gtis. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts