NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suspension in my bug is rather shot to say the least. I was thinking of ordering the blauparts kit. But when you replace your struts and shocks should you replace your coil springs? My mechanic said that since my car has the sport badges that it has sport suspension and that he would have to order special parts. I was originally going to order cheap coilovers but decided they wouldn't be great for all the potholes where I live. Any one got anything good or bad to say about this kit? Would it be ok if I order lowering springs with this kit they say they offer a 1.2" drop all around. Or can I just use the stock springs? I've searched the forum but can't decide what to do.
Vw Beetle Struts - Vw Beetle Shocks - Vw Beetle Strut Shock Kit

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
springs shocks struts

I think you can still use the same springs as long as they are not damaged, I did. while you are there replace the ball joints, tie rods ends, control arms bushings, stablizing bar bushings all at one shot This way you only have to do alignment once. And also Depanding on your mileage check your front bearings and also check your CV axles. Those are important components so double check your torque values and put loc-tite (blue) thread lock on everything. Replace screws and bolts that have been stretched once already with new screws, not worth getting in an accident or losing your life over 3-4 dollar bolts. Good luck man

1 - 2 of 2 Posts