NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew how hard it would be to swap out all of the interior paneling, including the lower dash and center console and replacing the seats? I am looking to getting turbo S stuff, but I'm not sure I can afford it so...Just an idea, which Dad probably won't approve of! :mad:

If anyone has any helpful advice on how to remove panels, center console, lower dash, seats, etc. that would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and everyone's decided that the Turbo S steering wheel does not fit in a normal beetle right?!?!? :(

Let me know! :D

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
1. It's not hard to do at all...just make sure you find out if your car is an 02.5 or not...they switched modules and connectors on the seats.

2. AFAIK, the S steering wheel will fit...but if not, maybe just get a stock leather one. :)

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
marvins_dad said:
I knew some folks in our club that tried swapping and this is one thing they found and reported:

Turbo-S seats fit a Sport.
Sport seats fit a Turbo-S.
Neither Turbo-S or Sport seats fit a 1.8t
Not sure about that last one. I just did a Turbo Sport interior swap in my GLX. I replaced the carpet, door panels, rear panels, rear bench set, and both front seats. everythign fit perfectly and only took about an hour and a half to do. Seats still heat and air bags are hooked up. The interior I got was bought from UnderGroundVWParts over on the Vortex.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
MATTSBUG said:
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew how hard it would be to swap out all of the interior paneling, including the lower dash and center console and replacing the seats? I am looking to getting turbo S stuff, but I'm not sure I can afford it so...Just an idea, which Dad probably won't approve of! :mad:

If anyone has any helpful advice on how to remove panels, center console, lower dash, seats, etc. that would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and everyone's decided that the Turbo S steering wheel does not fit in a normal beetle right?!?!? :(

Let me know! :D
If you do, what color is your interior? I might be interested in your stuff. DIBS
Hopefully my money won't look funny at the time you swap things out.

Holla back yo (and no I really don't talk like that:D )
Al

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I've got Black Leatherette seats...and as with all of the Beetle's (except TurboS) grey interior panels. The exterior is silver, so the top of the door panels would be silver, I think...I will let you know if anything happens.

:D

Thanks for your help.

MarvinsDad: So you are saying that the seats won't fit in a normal beetle????

·
Super Moderator
8,913 Posts
MATTSBUG said:
Just reporting what was posted on my local forum.
I don't know first hand.

If you want to shoot an email to SmurfBeetle or Slug they can tell you for sure - there were the ones that tested it. It was Slug's sport, Smurfbeetle's 1.8T and her man's TurboS that were involved in the experiment.
Slug posts on the new site.

·
Car has another home
111 Posts
marvins_dad contacted me to try and help this debate.

I have a 2001.5 Sport, I traded my Black Sport interior with a friends 2003 Turbo-S Black and Gray interior, the swap worked fine....
Originally we we going to put my Sport interior in a early 2001 GLS 1.8t (we were playing musical interiors between 3 cars) we found that the early model 2001 had the wrong connectors and the 2001.5 Sport seats would not work in it, so the trade was made only between my Sport and the Turbo-S.
So as far as I know, anything from 2001 BACK will not work with anything 2001.5 AND UP.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
NBTurboFreak said:
Not sure about that last one. I just did a Turbo Sport interior swap in my GLX. I replaced the carpet, door panels, rear panels, rear bench set, and both front seats. everythign fit perfectly and only took about an hour and a half to do. Seats still heat and air bags are hooked up. The interior I got was bought from UnderGroundVWParts over on the Vortex.
Mind me asking how much you paid for all that?

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
MATTSBUG said:
Right now I've got Black Leatherette seats...and as with all of the Beetle's (except TurboS) grey interior panels. The exterior is silver, so the top of the door panels would be silver, I think...I will let you know if anything happens.

:D

Thanks for your help.

I just might bite that bone. Buttercup is a 2000 GLX 1.8t. Will it fit in her?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts