NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Put any new pics in this thread. It is your Org photo album! :p

Did the block heater come with your TDI? Or was it added later? I have so many questions..... :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely will! I'm so excited to have her!! I'll have to add a pic of her with her best friend, a 2000 VW Golf TDI. They're pretty cute together :)

It's actually an oil pan heater and I don't know if it came with it. I'm under the impression from the previous owner that it was added after. I'm just glad it's there, it makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I definitely will! I'm so excited to have her!! I'll have to add a pic of her with her best friend, a 2000 VW Golf TDI. They're pretty cute together :)

It's actually an oil pan heater and I don't know if it came with it. I'm under the impression from the previous owner that it was added after. I'm just glad it's there, it makes a huge difference!
I have to believe that if the car was sold in Canada it came with a heater installed from the dealership, possibly along with an electric battery blanket to keep the battery warm. Out in BC, maybe not, I guess it's not quite as cold there as it gets on the prairies. My 98 TDI has both a heater on either the oil pan or the engine block (not sure where it is down there) and a warming blanket around the battery.

Are those Hankook Optimo 4S tires?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't know. It's a coastal car so it may or may not have. It's definitely not prairie cold out here, but I notice a huge difference starting without having had the oil pan heater plugged in.

They are Hankook i-Pike tires... I don't know anything about tires but that's what they say on them - they came with the car.

I'm not totally sold on the colour, i love her to death but I have a dog and dark cars get so much hotter inside than light coloured cars (even just stopped at stop lights), but hopefully the A/C will work like a dream and it won't matter :)

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Welcome

Yeah, another TDIer. Welcome!!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Batik Blue is an awesome color! Also, a rarer New Beetle color. Enjoy it! :bowdown:

·
Registered
950 Posts
I really don't know. It's a coastal car so it may or may not have. It's definitely not prairie cold out here, but I notice a huge difference starting without having had the oil pan heater plugged in.

They are Hankook i-Pike tires... I don't know anything about tires but that's what they say on them - they came with the car.

I'm not totally sold on the colour, i love her to death but I have a dog and dark cars get so much hotter inside than light coloured cars (even just stopped at stop lights), but hopefully the A/C will work like a dream and it won't matter :)
Those are winter tires, surprised that they would sell the car with winter and not all season. If they didn't sell you the summer tires then you'll need to get tires come march/april (once it starts getting above 7 Celsius).

And yah, they do tend to start a bit rough if the engine hasn't been warmed at all.

When my TDI was new it would start without being plugged in over night even if it got down to -30. Now it's rough to get going at -20.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an Update!

Sweet-Pea got a new stereo installed for my birthday! I'll take pics as soon as I put the edges around it and make it all pretty.

Her CEL came on last week, she is running fine and I'm hoping to get it checked next week. I was surprised it costs so much! :-( Poor Sweet-Pea!

We are sad because it's been too cold to bath her lately - I don't want frozen door locks tyvm! But she is getting dirtier and dirtier because we do a lot of highway driving. Sigh... I was hoping to have her cleaned before Christmas (maybe we will do it today if it's sunny this afternoon). If and when I give her a bath I will post more pics!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sweet-Pea got a new stereo installed for my birthday! I'll take pics as soon as I put the edges around it and make it all pretty.

Her CEL came on last week, she is running fine and I'm hoping to get it checked next week. I was surprised it costs so much! :-( Poor Sweet-Pea!

We are sad because it's been too cold to bath her lately - I don't want frozen door locks tyvm! But she is getting dirtier and dirtier because we do a lot of highway driving. Sigh... I was hoping to have her cleaned before Christmas (maybe we will do it today if it's sunny this afternoon). If and when I give her a bath I will post more pics!
I've gone through the auto wash at -20 and not had a problem, but I prefer to go to the manual wash place here. They have a nice enclosed space with bays for washing. Then I take the SHAMWOW (they actually do work) and dry it off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts