NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
I need help!

My house gets so filthy so fast and i'm finding it hard to keep things clean! I can scrub a toilet and wash a dish and a counter no problem.

The shower, the floors, carpets, etc. This is where i suffer.

Can you more experienced women or more experienced single guys help me to be a cleaner Exampl?? I plan on having a harem of women over someday in the near future and cannot invite them into my boudoire if i cannot keep my castle clean.

I'm basically opening this thread to assist a former slob in maintaining a clean lifestyle.

The kitchen is easy, that's always clean give or take a day where i have too much other work to do.

Let the Single GuY Pointers come in...

ps - SWMBO = Single White Male Beetle Owner;)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
whew! I thought SWMBO=Single White Male Body Odor....good thing you clarified that! :D

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
whew! I thought SWMBO=Single White Male Body Odor....good thing you clarified that! :D

Good luck getting the Harem over if you are a single white male with body odor ;)

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrazyJames said:
Good luck getting the Harem over if you are a single white male with body odor ;)
No sir! NO BO here!

I do the ritual...

Suave for Men shampoo
Axe body gel
right guard gel antipersp/deod
Axe spray if i feel i need it
perhaps a wee touch of nivea for men shave balm if i decided to shave
lil Colgate for the choppers
I'll stop there.

Nah, bodies i can keep clean no sweat. :)

·
18,312 Posts
CrazyJames said:
Good luck getting any kind of harem over at all! You gotta pay for something like that! :lol:

As far as the cleaning goes....I dont know exactly what you're looking for?
Are you looking for suggestions on what types of products to use? Do I need to make a how to video of me mopping my bathroom floor, wiping the counters down, cleaning the mirrors? A diagram of how to vaccuum a rug? Just make sure everything smells good and looks clean and you'll be fine and I know you can do that! :p

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean like....what gets the scum off the shower walls the best, how can i prevent my kitchen floor from getting black even though i wet swiffer every couple days. You have to understand...i'm not naturally born to know these things.

I'm lost! I can't be a slob anymore! :(

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Well here is what I use..

Fantastik Spray

This is used to clean the shower walls, shower floor, bathtub, counters etc..

Windex for mirrors

Vinager for some other surfaces, bleach for stubborn things that I really want to disenfect..

AS for your kitchen floor? try washing it with something other then wet-swiffering.. get a mop and some pinesol or something...

·
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
I mean like....what gets the scum off the shower walls the best, how can i prevent my kitchen floor from getting black even though i wet swiffer every couple days. You have to understand...i'm not naturally born to know these things.

I'm lost! I can't be a slob anymore! :(
Well the best way to fight scum in the shower is to tackle it every couple of days. Tilex works pretty good but not if you let the stuff build up. What i use is the x-14 daily shower spray. After I shower I spray the shower down with this stuff so that I dont have to clean my shower as often. I do this about 3 or 4 times a week. Spray the shower that is...not shower myself. That i do everyday..sometimes more than 2x a day LOL
And depending on how much traffic your kitchen floor gets and what color it is depends on how clean you can keep it. If it gets dirty fast it could mean that when you do mop it, not wet swiffer it, you're using too much soap. What I do when I mop my floor is I get my bucket ready with hot water and just a capful or 2 of pine sol and mop mop mop...then when my floor is nice n clean I empty out my bucket...clean out my mop really good and fill up the bucket again with just plain hot water and do a once over to make sure all the soap is up...left over soap makes the floor sticky. And I like the foam mops that bend in half when you wring them out. In my opinion those string mops just push and drag the dirt around. I hate em! I also change the sponge on my mop often.
Anything else? Did that help at all?

·
18,312 Posts
Oh..with the Tilex..the best way to use it is set the spray nozzle to foam. Spray the junk all over and let it sit for a few minutes. The use a scrub brush to loosen then scum and then rinse with hot water. If you dont get it all then repeat.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CyberGreenBaby said:
Oh..with the Tilex..the best way to use it is set the spray nozzle to foam. Spray the junk all over and let it sit for a few minutes. The use a scrub brush to loosen then scum and then rinse with hot water. If you dont get it all then repeat.
Well, when the biatch skipped out and destroyed the place i spent a week or more scrubbing everything with bleach and other cleaners. I did a pretty good job and i would have felt safe eating something that fell behind the toilet (as if that would ever happen). I just worry about what my roomates will think of me if i'm sloppy. I would like it one of them would clean something like the kitchen floor or bathroom, but maybe they don't think it's too bad? Maybe i'm being anal?

Ahhhh...org therapy...the cheap, affordable solution :D

·
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
Well, when the biatch skipped out and destroyed the place i spent a week or more scrubbing everything with bleach and other cleaners. I did a pretty good job and i would have felt safe eating something that fell behind the toilet (as if that would ever happen). I just worry about what my roomates will think of me if i'm sloppy. I would like it one of them would clean something like the kitchen floor or bathroom, but maybe they don't think it's too bad? Maybe i'm being anal?

Ahhhh...org therapy...the cheap, affordable solution :D
Well..maybe you should sit down with them and have a little roommates meeting? They live there too and cleaning is also their responsibility. If they want you to be their maid then you should up the rent a bit. Maybe you could make a chores list...everyone takes turns doing something every week.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, Chris did actually go outside and raked a whole mess of leaves and he cleans up after himself. I really can't complain about the both of them. Mike's only been there a bout a week so far and he wasn't around all weekend so he didn't make any messes. I made the most messes. Nah, the roomates are okay. I'm just nitpicking mostly.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
spray comet bathroom cleaner is great for showers and sinks.It cuts right thru most anything.Don't use swifter wet jet if you have animals!!! It's so toxic to them that they die.I like Mr Clean for kitchen floors. It works well and he's cute;)
Mildue in the bath needs tilex but make sure a window is open for ventilation.Sno-bowl for the inside of you know what and clorox with bleach wipes for the outside and seat. Sparkle for the mirror .

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Do I need to make a how to video of me mopping my bathroom floor, wiping the counters down, cleaning the mirrors? A diagram of how to vaccuum a rug? Just make sure everything smells good and looks clean and you'll be fine and I know you can do that! :p
Yeah, but he'd probally want it with you doing all that naked!!!:shy:

·
18,312 Posts
BUGINME said:
Yeah, but he'd probally want it with you doing all that naked!!!:shy:
LMAO! Oh no he wouldnt! Trust me!! :rotfl:

·
18,312 Posts
lnzbug said:
oh yes he would---- he's a guy and your a female that's all it takes:D