NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally changed my oil to synthetic today (Mobil one 5W-30) In the past I couldn't justify spending twice as much for an oil change for something that is just gonna get drained and refilled in a few months. My local dealer quoted me $65 plus tax and most local quick lube places want $50 plus tax for synthetic. I stumbled across the quick lube express/tire care center in the back of Walmart of all places and I asked them about their pricing. $20 for regular and $30 for synthetic. This included up to 5 quarts of any oil they stock (4.5 for me)plus a fram extra guard gold filter, carpet vacuuming, window washing inside and out, top off all fluids and tire pressure check. They even gave me the half full extra bottle of oil in a plastic bag in case I need to top it off in the next few months. They got it done in about 15 minutes and for the first time I was very impressed with Walmart. The service techs seemed to be very careful and respectful and clean and they even wore eye protection. They put paper floor mats in , put on gloves before entering and driving the car ect. ect. It looked like it was straight out of a cheesy Mr. Goodwrench commercial. Anyways the point of all of this is how the car felt after I drove it around for a while. It's been cooler weather lately and the car has been running strong but the synthetic oil really woke the car up!!!! Maybe it's all in my head but the car feels much more responsive and peppy. It literally feels like I regained some lost horsepower. If you still use regular oil in your turbo Beetle give synthetic a try....I did and I'm very happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts