NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just finished up converting my Beetle to synthetic engine and tranny oil. Put a Passat oil filter on also. Pulled the oil pan, to check for crapola in the pickup tube, and in the bottom of the pan, and was pleasantly surprised to not find any. All went well, other than I forgot to put the boost tube back on the air cooler...it doesn't run real well without that FYI...But alls well now, just ran out of time to get a piece of exhaust put in place of the resonator. Does anyone know inside ID of the pipe? I would like to get my supplies before tearing it apart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just turned 119,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
synthetic

I'm curious to find out how your transaction to synthetic turns out since there seem to be so many conflicting opinions on what to use and at what mileage. I still use dino oil and have since day one, 190k miles and still truckin'.. I was going to switch over but a good mechanic friend said it might blow the car's seals being that the car has 190k miles on dino oil so I chose not to take the chance, for now. So let me know if your's starts leaking at anytime in the near future after switching to synthetic or syntheticks.........their the same according to some folks around here..LOL :p Ta Ta fellow newbeetle.org member.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts