NewBeetle.org Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
After much hassle, I FINALLY have access to my org account again. lol I'm going to start a Georgia/Florida thread (if one hasn't already been started) and get the ToD prep going. Oh yeah, I gotta call Sanjay to confirm my room. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I will not be able to attend (we are currently on the list). Sorry for the change of plans. I am trying to cancel my Ridge Top Motel reservations (May 2,3 and 4) - but so far, nobody answers the phone and no option to leave a voicemail. I'll keep trying. Steve and Cindy Barrett

·
4,854 Posts
***We interrupt this thread to bring you an important announcement***

Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been so long, having issues logging into the org and everything kept me from being able to provide weather updates, but alas...here they are!!!

ToD is readily approaching and that means...it's time for a weather update.
It's still a little too early to see the exact weather but it does look like some rain is moving in that week. With temps in the upper 70's to low 80's, we're looking at a WARM ToD but it may be a wet one. 40% chance of showers all week leading up to it, but we'll keep an eye on it and see what mother nature has in store.
As we know from ToD's past...rain has not slowed us down one bit. We're a creative bunch and we'll find ways to stay dry and have fun! So, keep your fingers crossed folks and stay tuned for the next weather update.

***We now return you to your regularly scheduled chat***

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
***We interrupt this thread to bring you an important announcement***

Hey guys!!! Sorry it's been so long, having issues logging into the org and everything kept me from being able to provide weather updates, but alas...here they are!!!

ToD is readily approaching and that means...it's time for a weather update.
It's still a little too early to see the exact weather but it does look like some rain is moving in that week. With temps in the upper 70's to low 80's, we're looking at a WARM ToD but it may be a wet one. 40% chance of showers all week leading up to it, but we'll keep an eye on it and see what mother nature has in store.
As we know from ToD's past...rain has not slowed us down one bit. We're a creative bunch and we'll find ways to stay dry and have fun! So, keep your fingers crossed folks and stay tuned for the next weather update.

***We now return you to your regularly scheduled chat***
YAY!!! Love the weather reports...it always takes me back to the maiden voyage :banana:

Yes indeed, we'll have a great time, rain or shine. We'll have tarp city on standby.

·
My lil fallen Angel <3
1,099 Posts
Scarlett ready!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
I took some time this morning to check out the Deals Gap ToD calender for early May. Was curious as to which other car groups we would be competing with. Turns out the MINIs are in the area 05/01 thru 05/05. The MINIs website for their ToD GTG (get together) shows nearly 800 cars planning to attend. While they occupy the Fontana Lodge, there will be overflow to surrounding locales. We'll see quite a few in & around Bryson City during our ToD GTG. And the MINIs will be everywhere on the roadways. Don't remember the MINIs in the area exactly the same days we were there. Seems to me we typically arrived as they were winding down from a week long event. Looks like they've changed to a long weekend event. In any case, just a heads-up for the group.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Getting closer every day!!

Attachments

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Bump! :)

Well, it seems that Rook's A/C works; I never liked taking my car to the shop for an issue, only to find out that the issue might of been me instead. :confused: They did service the A/C; drain and reload the system.

I did have them do some other maintenance work that I have been neglecting ...

1) Change out the air and cabin filters
2) Change the spark plugs
3) Change the gear oil
4) Brake fluid flush and reload

I also have a leaky timing cover and I asked them not to do it, as I will when I get back from the Dragon.

And this weekend I will be dealing with that low air pressure tire.

·
456 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Another day closer!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Leaving on Monday! Cleaned, shined, organized the trunk box and tool bag, and vacuumed BeetleJuice today. Saturday he gets his wash, tire shine, and polish on the outside. Then we just need to pack and leave! Is it May yet?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
And BeetleJuice is ready! Washed shined and tireshined! All we have left to do is pack. I'm ready!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
4,854 Posts
***This weather update is brought to you by time. Something we all want, but always eludes us and when we have it, it goes by too fast.***

Hey guys, I know I haven't been as good this year and previous years with weather updates, but hey, we're all human right? So lets take a look at what we got in store for this upcoming weekend *cue dramatic music*

Looks like we're in for an interesting ToD this year folks.
Friday, while we all gather at the Top for pizza fest and just general catching up you may want to bring a light jacket and umbrella. Temps will be in the 80's with a 50% chance of scattered Thunderstorms. Overnight lows will dip WAY down into the upper 50's.

Saturday, while we're slaying the Dragon, you may want to make sure your wipers are in tip top shape. Temps will again be in the 80's with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Overnight lows will dip back down into the upper 50's.

Sixchuter Sunday, will still be a wet one. 40% chance of rain with temps in the upper 70's. Overnight lows will drop into the low 50's.

Monday, for those that will be staying will be a nice change in pace. It'll be mostly sunny with highs in the lower 80's with only a 10% chance of rain.

So for this ToD weekend, sounds like we're going to have a Schrodinger Cat kinda weekend. There is a 50/50 chance of both rain and sun pretty much all weekend. Regardless though, I know that won't change the spirit of ToD and the fellowship that will be had by all. Here's hoping mother nature will stop crying long enough for us to fully enjoy our time for our 11th annual Tail of the Dragon Cruise.

***This weather update brought to you by time...never enough of it and sometimes too much***

81 - 100 of 113 Posts