NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hadn't seen this started yet and wanted to make sure that if anybody was planning on bringing anything they would have somewhere to post up about it. I am brand new to the beetle scene as of 3 months ago so I don't have any extra pieces (or room in Iggy to bring any if I did since I'm bringing 4 people up from Florida without a trailer or roof rack). I would be on the buying end of any swappers I'm sure. Too bad I can't find a swap before TOD and find a roof rack or trailer for cheap...lol.

So...is anybody bringing anything good so I can brush the dust off my piggy bank and start trying to save???

Here is a list of what has been posted so far:

Bugman
new beetle toys
"and a few parts"
Chuckie
"any stuff I can find and can fit!" (own a piece of history, it will be your very own piece of Der Stuka to remember him by)
Chicken Suit???
MichelleRoze
a few dash parts
wiper arms
euro plate w/ frame
euro code headlights (only if asked to bring them)
2004NBTURBOS
Rear Spoiler - Hoop style in blue - $60
Driver side Mirror housing w/blinker cut-out
Warren
A set of Neuspeed SofSport springs...not as big a drop as the Sport springs. if anyone would be interested
Bilstein Sport Struts and shocks If money allows (own a piece of Ikiane)
will likely bring along:
stock non-Monsoon 2001 radio with cassette and code.
Mid-America Motorworks bra
two black cloth doughnuts headrests
VDubYah
full dash carpet (black)
2002 owners manual.
Key fob (if it won't work on my other car)
Filter and 4 liters of petrosin ATF for a om1
Brand new coolent hoses for 2.0 (includes all of them except for the heater hoses( there where a couple of different ones)
grill insert(new aftermarket)
lower front "spoiler" w/fogs
New bar which goes across the front spoiler(white)used but very good
3 or 4 cans factory match paint(white, can't remember code)
1 or 2 cans of clear
can of adheasion promoter
2? cans of primer (gray)
thermostat and o-ring
heart valve thingamjig (coolent connections on side of head)
plugs and clips for heart valve holes
new coolent bottle and cap
02SilverSport
Hayes manual
taillight with a hair line crack - Free to someone as needed

Wants:
BengalBug is looking for a pair of solid black/grey cloth headrests for her rear seats.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. I was beginning to think nobody was bringing anything and Al just got my hopes up for nothing :p

Sent from my AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
My Stuff

I will be bringing the custom fitted gray carpet from Der Stuka's dashboard and also the Bottom half bra that he wore. Plus any other stuff I can find and can fit!

Chuckie

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
I have some stuff I could bring if people are interested. I have a few dash parts, wiper arms, euro plate w/ frame, and only if asked to bring them, I have some euro code headlights that I've been wanting to sell for some time. So yeah... I'll bring some stuff. :D

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Rear Spoiler Hoop style in blue.
Driverside Mirror housing w/ blinker cut-out.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Now the list is growing. Next time I'm at home on an actual computer I'll have to update the first post...Schaweet mang.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
List updated now since I'm finally at home on my computer as opposed to at the hospital with my phone.

I have some stuff I could bring if people are interested. I have a few dash parts, wiper arms, euro plate w/ frame, and only if asked to bring them, I have some euro code headlights that I've been wanting to sell for some time. So yeah... I'll bring some stuff. :D
My wiper arms look pitiful, all the black has crackled off the wider area for the most part. I was actually thinking of pulling them off and spraying them with some black spray paint. I figure it can't end up looking any worse than it already does, right?

Just quoted to ask you what euro code headlights are, I'm ever so new and have never heard of them?

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Euro code headlights have a more clear beam. If you look at the glass in the projector, the US headlights are kinda hazy. The e-code headlights have a clear lens as well as a crisper cut off. Those, these do not have the city lights in them. Which is good in a way because then there isn't any wiring needed. Plus the lenses on these headlights are clear :D

This is the best picture I could find to show the difference. The e-codes have a slightly higher beam pattern on the right hand side so that it lights up the shoulder of the road a lot better! The lights aren't quite this extreme on the beetle, but you get the idea. It's a big difference still.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
if anyone would be interested, I'll bring along a set of Neuspeed SofSport springs...not as big a drop as the Sport springs.

If money allows, I'll have the Bilstein Sport Struts and shocks off of Ikiane as well.

will likely bring along:

Mid-America Motorworks bra.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The e-codes have a slightly higher beam pattern on the right hand side so that it lights up the shoulder of the road a lot better! The lights aren't quite this extreme on the beetle, but you get the idea. It's a big difference still.
Wow. That is a difference. If I could afford to, I'd buy them.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if anyone would be interested, I'll bring along a set of Neuspeed SofSport springs...not as big a drop as the Sport springs.

If money allows, I'll have the Bilstein Sport Struts and shocks off of Ikiane as well.

will likely bring along:

Mid-America Motorworks bra.
Hmmmm. Iggy needs to be a bit lower :)

How much for the bra. Thinking I will want to use one come lovebug season. There's a whole lotta paint and not much grille for absorbing the impact of those beasts on my sweet Iggy's face.

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Sounds good, will go out into the garage and get a list put together soon myself.

Dang, that is another thing I have to get done in the next 86 days... :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yurp...only 86 days left to get the garage cleared of some extra bug stuff...:)

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
All right lets see if I can get this listed without losing it.like I did when I tried to post from work
full dash carpet (black)
2002 owners manual.
Key fob ( if it won't work on my other car)
Filter and 4 liters of petrosin ATF for a om1
Brand new coolent hoses for 2.0 (includes all of them except for the heater hoses( there where a couple of different ones)
grill insert(new aftermarket)
lower front"spoiler" w fogs( grill to me but not Vw)New
bar which goes across the front spoiler(white)used but very good
3 or 4 cans paint( white )I don't remember the code its out in the garage) factory match paint
1 or 2 cans of clear
can of adheasion promoter
2? cans of primer (gray)
thermostat and o-ring
heart valve thingamjig(coolent connections on side of head
plugs and clips for heart valve holes.
new coolent bottle and cap

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad it worked for you this time :)

Added you to the list. I see a few things on your list I might be buying ;) My Iggy is cursed I believe with an om1 tranny (auto tranny on a 2001?) and I could use another key fob.

If anybody wants to post pics of their stuff on this thread that's fine. Just in case anybody wants to see what's coming. Anybody with interest should probably post it here too so people know there are potential buyers for their stuff. Keep the energy flowing. This is turning into quite a list.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts