NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. Its that time again. Time to start planning the great North Central T.O.D.Bugavan. I will be coming from Central Minnesota. Details to follow...

The route we will be taking will take us down the dragon. So we will get in a pre-Dragon taming.

The North Central Bugavan will be departing Eau Claire, WI at 7/8 am en route to Cincinnati, where we will have our lay over.
We will depart Cincinnati about 8am for Richmond where we will meet up with Mike(Blurpledad) and Devon about 10am!
We will hit Knoxville around noon-1230, and Bryson City about 230-3 bells!

I will not be driving N00ber, I will be riding with Pushing Fifty(Pat). I think it will be a nice change to ride passenger, and take some pics without worrying about driving off the side! hehe

·
Registered
225 Posts
We're probably in again! You might have to pick me up at my house and Get Devon and Buttercup at her college in Williamsburg. Both are right off I-75, so it wouldn't be too inconvenient if that's ok with you. Either way, We're super excited about going again! Reservations are made! :D

MP

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldnt be a problem.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Info updated! I am going again! :)

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
That's some good news Dustin!!

Sent from my Peace Love and "Six for Six" app

·
Drivers Wanted
24 Posts
Hey guys!

I'm here from Columbus, OH, and saw some new activity on this thread. I'd be interested in joining you guys for the caravan. :D I would have at least FOUR other Ohio Beetles that I might be able to corral along with me, to meet you all in Cincy. Whaddayah think?!

P.S., probably going for the obvious here, but I am guessing you all are departing Eu Claire on Thursday 5/1 to make it to Cincy by the end of the day for your layover? So your morning would start at 8 AM on Fri 5/2 in Cincy? That is when we could meet you.

·
Drivers Wanted
24 Posts
P.S. I was born and raised in Green Bay, WI, so to be able to meet up with a 'carabug' that originated in WI is just so natural, eh?? ;-) "There's no place like home, there's no place like home!"

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Yes, Dustin (Matty D) will be arriving at my house from Minnesota Wed afternoon or evening, and then we'll hit the road Thursday morning and go as far as Cincinnati or somewhere nearby. We'll leave the Cincinnati area around 8:00 AM and will pick up Blurpledad in Kentucky to get his daughter's Beetle, which is located an hour or so further down the road. From there it's on to Knoxville and into Bryson City, which, if all goes as planned, should put us there Friday Afternoon, well before the Pizza fest. That would be awesome to see 4 more Beetles join us, too!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds awesome! I'm about an hour and a half south of Cincy. 30 seconds from exit 97, if you take your time. I'll get Devon and Buttercup to meet us close to her exit, to expedite things. I'm glad you're gonna make it Dustin! Getting lost in Knoxville just wouldn't be the same if you weren't there! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys!

I'm here from Columbus, OH, and saw some new activity on this thread. I'd be interested in joining you guys for the caravan. :D I would have at least FOUR other Ohio Beetles that I might be able to corral along with me, to meet you all in Cincy. Whaddayah think?!

P.S., probably going for the obvious here, but I am guessing you all are departing Eu Claire on Thursday 5/1 to make it to Cincy by the end of the day for your layover? So your morning would start at 8 AM on Fri 5/2 in Cincy? That is when we could meet you.
You bet. That'll work.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds awesome! I'm about an hour and a half south of Cincy. 30 seconds from exit 97, if you take your time. I'll get Devon and Buttercup to meet us close to her exit, to expedite things. I'm glad you're gonna make it Dustin! Getting lost in Knoxville just wouldn't be the same if you weren't there! :D

Right! Ha!:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Here's a heads up for this caravan:

Matty D will arrive at my house in Eau Claire, WI Wed evening, April 30. We will be departing together in my Candy White 2010 Thurs morning, May 1 and going to Cincinnati. Before today is over, I will reserve a room for us so VW Cheesehead and anyone else who wants to be a part of this caravan will know where to meet up with us Friday morning, which will follow in a post below this. We will depart Cincinnati around 8:00 AM and meet up with Blurpledad off exit 97 (I-75) about an hour and a half later. He will ride with Matty D and I until we arrive in Williamsburg, KY to pick up his daughter's Beetle. I don't know the driving time from Cincy to Bryson, but we should all be in well before the Pizza Fest. I also have a set of 2-way radios (still unopened from Xmas). :D

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Ok, here's my update:

For Thursday night, I got a room (two beds) for us at the Days Inn in Florence, KY, near the airport just south of Cincinnati off I-75 at Exit 182. I'm going to post the confirmation # here so I don't lose it:

With my AARP card, it's $62 and change before tax. This is where we'll meet up with anyone who wishes to join in at Cincy. Dustin, if you want, I can bring my CPAP machine so my snoring is minimized!

It looks like Eau Claire to Florence is 622 miles (11 hours) and Florence to Bryson City is about 307 miles (5 hours).........

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, here is my update: I was asked to drive my friend to her parents in Terre Haute. I will be in Cincinnati mid to late evening. Then we can bugavan down together!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Ok, here is my update: I was asked to drive my friend to her parents in Terre Haute. I will be in Cincinnati mid to late evening. Then we can bugavan down together!

So you're going to be driving your own Beetle after all from Darwin? Do you still want to split that room at the Days Inn? I figured on arriving there around 8 or 9 PM with stops.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you're going to be driving your own Beetle after all from Darwin? Do you still want to split that room at the Days Inn? I figured on arriving there around 8 or 9 PM with stops.
Sure. I should be there about the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
So what's up with this caravan? I know there will be at least 3 of us, Mattyd 2009, Blupledad, and myself, but what about you other Ohio ToD-ers? Will you meet us at the Days Inn off Exit 182 in Florence, KY? If you need a little more time to get through Cincinnati, Matty D and I could wait a little while, but probably no later than about 9:00 or 9:30 AM Friday. We'll stop to pick up Blupledad in Lexington and take him to Williamsburg (KY) where he'll get his daughter's Beetle.

·
Drivers Wanted
24 Posts
Hey Fifty, I'm still alive! Thanks for the reminder post....I am working on rounding up the Ohio crew now. Yes, looks like we'll meet you on Fri morning. I am PMing you my name and phone number for meeting up that day! I should be posting on here again by this Saturday if we all have Cincy hotel rooms booked with you.

·
Blue Hunter
824 Posts
We are driving through Cincy Friday morning. IF timing works right we should be in Florence KY about 9:30ish. I'm not all that familiar with road construction on I-71 and I-275 on the east side. :(

If you don't want to wait that long to get started, since you are doing the car swap thing at Williamsburg, maybe we could try to coordinate something at that point?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts