Confirmed NE Crew so far:
WARREN
02SilverSport
2004NBTURBOS
coastermama
vwfreak87
Ollie
TechnoTrix'd

Alright gang, time to get our Bugavan threads going into high gear. So, here we are, the NE Bugavan thread for ToD 6!!!.

Stole this from Al in one of his FLA Bugavan posts: FRS radios will need fresh batteries and be tuned to channel 6 sub channel 0. It is highly recommended you invest in a set of these radios. Walmart and Target have them and they are essential for your safety and enjoyment of this event.

Here is a link out to the saved directions on Google maps for any first-timers: ToD NE Bugavan Trip to Bryson City, NC

Thursday May 1st:
Where:_________________________________________ Roads:_______________Miles:_______Arrive:______ Leave:

TechnoTrix’d (Me) will be leaving the Philadelphia Area by 8:00am, heading south on I-95.

1st stop at WAWA in Waldorf MD: ___________________ I-95_________________ 110________ 10:00am_______ 10:15am
(11505 Berry Road, Waldorf, MD 20603)

2nd stop at WAWA in Colonial Heights VA: ___________________ I-95_________________ 64________ 11:15am_______ 11:30am
(15840 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Colonial Heights, VA 23834)

3rd stop, Burger King in South Hill, VA: ___________________ I-85_________________ 153________ 01:45pm_______ 02:00pm
(706 East Atlantic Street, South Hill, VA 23970)

4th stop, Microtel Hotel in Winston-Salem: ___________________ I-40_________________ 203________ 05:00pm
(100 Capital Lodging Court, Winston-Salem, NC 27103)

Day One Totals: ______________________________________________________________________ 527 miles____ 9 plus hours from Philly starting point

Lodging at Winston-Salem:

Hotel______________________Room_________Rate_______Breakfast Incld_____Free Wi-Fi

Microtel (3 Rooms)__________Doubles_______$57.00 (Confirmed)_________Y__________________Y
Microtel (5 Rooms)__________Queen________$57.00 (Confirmed)_________Y__________________Y

Address:
100 Capital Lodging Court
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Phone: Please call 1-336-659-1994 to book individual reservations.

Our Group Name is: New Beetle Group

Important: Cut-off is Monday, April 28th. Any un-reserved rooms at that time will be given back to the hotel and this rate will not be available to book against.

Friday May 2nd:
What:_____________________________________ Roads:____________Miles:_______Arrive:______ Leave:

Start the Day with a Group Breakfast at Billy Bob's Silver Diner, say 8:30am ish...
Here is the Diner's Website: Billy Bob's Silver Diner

Warren and I found this place last year, and had a wonderful breakfast. Plus huge photo op to start the day with as it is a "silver" diner. Check out the photo's on the web-site.

Confirmed Breakfast group so far (15 people):
02SilverSport (2)
2004NBTURBOS (2)
WARREN (2)
TechnoTrix'd (1)
coastermama (2)
vwfeak87 (2)
Ollie (2)
kcfoxie (2)
?
?

** Note: This is also a good starting point for folks that can't make the travel schedule on Thursday. Folks can meet-up with us on Friday morning in Winston-Salem and make the drive to the Top as part of the NE Bugavan. It has become a mini-tradition over the years for folks who live an hour or so away.

Next, Group leaves Winston Salem for a fly-by near Asheville (meet up with dedwards0323) and then Bryson City___________ I-40__________________ 0___________ n/a_________ 10:00am

Arrive Ridge Top Motel, Bryson City NC_______________ I-40/US-74____________ 73 _________ 1:30pm

Day Two Totals: ______________________________________________________ 203 miles_____ 3.5 hours

This plan also gives people some options when we arrive on Friday. Once you get to Bryson City, you will have enough time to either shine up your pod, or take a scenic drive through the area, and still make it back in time for the Pizza Party.

IS IT MAY YET????? 3 Day's and counting...

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
breakfast place was awfully good. I'm in for the bug-a-van again. :)

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I need to get in on this also.
I am sick of doing the the drive in one day.
Just need the wife to schedule an extra day.

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
How about that hotel info Rob???
I'm getting my ducks in a row, and want to be rollin with the N.E. Bugavan crew.

·
Always on the go!
93 Posts
Count me in as well, I will be coming from VA just an hour North of Winston-Salem. I will be picking up my Co-Pilot in Winston so it works out perfectly! Just need to keep me updated on what time and where to meet at that morning. :)

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
thanks for the update Rob.

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bump'n with updates in the first post!! Confirmed our room rates in Winston-Salem, please ring them and get your reservation made :)

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we'll be joining for Breakfast

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Awesome, the more the merrier. Updated the first post with a list of folks having Breakfast with the group as well. If we get 10 or more folks, we can grab a private room at the diner.

:D

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Billy Bob's Dinner is expecting us. Confirmed we can use the separate room on Friday morning for our group breakfast.

Please confirm at your earliest if your attending.

Thanks. :wave3:

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Does this route go anywhere near Nashville? We are coming from Nashville to Bryson City this year. Hope to ride in with some folks! :D
We could meet up where I-26 and I-40 connect. We're meeting up with another org'r there.

Are you coming down I-26 by any chance?

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Updated Google Maps directions in first post with modified route this year.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts