Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 387 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
BASIC FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS FOR T.O.D.

1. Gas to and from TOD

2. One fill up/top off for Saturday's TOD run. Fill up Friday evening.

3. Meals & snacks...snacks are essential for Saturday- Subway will take your order FRIDAY EVENING ( pre-order forms will be available at The Top) for Saturday morning pickup.

4. Lodging. The Ridge Top is TOD central & base of operations. The Ridge Top is a bargain by today's standards. You can book now, which i suggest. They give you up to 24hrs to your BOOKED DATE to cancel, before charging/debiting your account.

4. Luxury cash, for souvenirs and TOD gear. the swap meet should be in effect next year as well. a little extra cash for that would be nice too

·
419 Posts
The List

1. scarabY2k....Al & Val....Chino- 2013 2.5 Beetle....Ridge Top....Jacksonville, FL
2. warren....Warren & Simone....Mocha- 2006 Convertible Beetle....Ridge Top....Yorktown, VA
3. Gringo....Don & Kim....Shiva- 2002 Turbo S....Ridge Top....Moore Co, NC
4. Bandi....Aaron & Zoe....Portia- 2002 Turbo S....Relax Inn....Belleville, Ontario, Canada
5. vwfreak87....Jordan....Nivens Jr.- 2012 GTI....Ridge Top....Radford, VA
6. punchbug77....Jeff & Kaity....Gandalf the Grey- 2002 GLS....Ridge Top....Statham, GA
7. steve_pnchbug....Steven & Cody.... Calcifer- 2000 GLX....TBD....Lebanon, VA
8. Iggys Mom....Kristen....Beetle Juice-2002 Turbo S....Ridge Top....Tampa, FL
9. Freaky Beetle....Jai....Moonraker- 2012 Turbo Beetle....TBD....Calhoun GA
10. 2004NBTURBOS....Gene & Corraine....2003 Turbo S....TBD....Oceanview, DE
11. The Green Arrow....Cassandra & Ashley....Baby- 2003 GLS....Rosewood Inn....North Ridgeville, OH
12. rcflyer....Bob & Karen....Bella- 2007 Black Convertible....Ridge Top....New London, OH
13. Bluebugster....Steven & Guest....Bonnie- 2001 1.8T Beetle....TBD....Houston, TX
14. Machausta....Jeremiah & Becky....2001 1.8T GLX Beetle....Rosewood Inn....Kingsport, TN
15. JonK....John....Rosetta- 2015 1.8 Turbo Beetle....Ridge Top....Mount Union, PA
16. Chuckie....Chuckie....Cheeto- 2002 Orange CC....Lands Creek Cabins....Jacksonville, FL
17. dedwards0323....Dennis & Roberta....2006 2.5L Convertible....Sleep Inn....Upstate, SC
18. meverhart....Mike and Company....2009 Convertible....Sleep Inn....Hendersonville, NC
19. Blurpledad.... Michael & Deana.... Sherlock- Red 2004 Turbo S.... Ridge Top.... Richmond, KY
20. MichelleRoze....Jeremy & Michelle....Probie- 2002 TDI....Ridge Top....Lawrenceville, GA
21. Evilina....Shonnel & Joey....Evilina- 1999 2.0 Beetle....Ridge Top....Orlando, FL
22. Herbie Fully Loaded....Stan & Becky.... Herbie Junior- 2012 2.0 TSI Turbo....Lloyd's on the River....Waterloo, IL
23. Daisy Bug....Lisa, Dan, and Bella....Daisy- 2013 Convertible Beetle....Ridge Top....Saukville, WI
24. LeStrange 12....Shannon & Rick....Bellatrix- 2012 Beetle....Scenic View....Deltona, FL
25. punchbuggy....Jorge....punch buggy- 2014 TDI Convertible....Sleep Inn....Orange City, FL
26. Red Turbo 03....Kevin & Jenny....Rojo Diablo- 2008 Red Beetle....Ridge Top....Perrysburg, OH
27. Abstract1dea....Steve & Pam....Jubilance- 2006 Shadow Blue Convertible....Sleep Inn....Lilburn, GA
28. timinsanborn....Tim....2009 Beetle....Sleep Inn....Sanborn, NY
29. MoChrome....Leon & Karen....2016 R-Line....Ridge Top....Sharpsburg, GA
30. Maggie2013....Marcy & Jeffers....Maggie- 2013 Red Convertible....Ridge Top....Sanford, FL
31. Nurse Diesel....Wifey(Teresa)....Skyybug- 2015 Denim Blue Convertible....Lands Creek Cabins....Jacksonville, FL
32. Airfrtriad....Peter & Janet....Little Red- 2013 Convertible TDI....Ridge Top....Lilburn, GA
33. Howie....Howie....Clint- 2005 Dark Flint Convertible....Sleep Inn....Crystal Beach, Ontario, Canada
34. Ed Fitzgerald....2005 Silver Beetle....Sleep Inn....Paris, TN
35. Bengalbug....Devon & Andrew....Bubbles- 2010 Final Edition....Ridge Top....Walton, KY
36. Vern....Vernon....Sylvia- 2015 GTI/DSG....Lands Creek Cabins....Jacksonville, FL
37. DPKVW....Dave & Amber....Blue Bird- 2009 Convertible....Ridge Top....Dundas, Ontario, Canada
38. Harlequinpixie.... Tabitha.... Stella- 2001 GLS 2.0....Ridge Top.... Williamsburg, VA
39. Ollie.... Oliver.... Sinclair- 2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen....Ridge Top.... Williamsburg, VA
40. KF4DRR.... Chris....2000 GLX....Turtletown, TN
41. bluebug1....Ed & Rose....Angel- 2007 Convertible....TBD....New Market, TN
42. D2Beetle....Frank & Anne Marie....Rook- 2015 UniBlack Beetle....Sleep Inn....Springfield, TN
43. Techno Trix'd....Rob & Christie....Pepe Jr- 2001 1.8 GLX Beetle....Ridge Top....Brookhaven, PA
44. terpheel1993....Lee....The New Beetle- 2001 Sport....Sleep Inn....Easton, MD
45. pfviniard....Paula & Ted....Sophie- 2007 Convertible Beetle....Mars Hill, NC
46. Beetleguru....David & Milissa....Bandit- 2013 Turbo Beetle....Scenic View....Tampa, FL
47. tdiliftedbeetle....Kenneth Leong....2001 Beetle TDI....Blairsville, GA
48. Lee Traxler....Lee, Zack, and Justin....Mr. Grey- 2005 GLS Dark Flint Cabrio....TBD....Hickory, NC
49. Rama Pendergraph....Rama & Amy....Emmy- 2002 GLS Beetle....TBD....Gibsonville, NC
50. Mitch Cole....Betty White- 2016 Dune Beetle....Atlanta, GA
51. Bugman....Jerry & Kathy....Herbie- 1999 GLS 2.0....Sleep Inn....Gahanna, OH
52. Big Johnson....Eric & Shasta....Weevil- 2012 Turbo Beetle....TBD....Chattanooga, TN
Honorable mention....Luke Hall from California in his motorhome.

·
got NB Toys?
509 Posts
I'm just pricing and packing up stuff to sell at ToD, including some rare NB press kits, a VERY rare inflatable NB from a Raid promotion, some hard to find toys, and a few goodies to give away! I also have the Euro headlight switch for someone, a window regulator repair kit (convertible), and a couple other misc things.

See you all soon, rain or shine. Safe drive.,.,

Howie

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Today's weather update is brought to you by lunch. Always make sure to eat so that you don't get hangry. No one likes you when you're hangry.

Hey guys, it's but a few mere days away! Who else is excited? Cause I am! So, lets see where that rain is trying to hide this weekend.

Thursday travelers, sorry but it's 100% chance of rain. Seems that the rain will for sure hang around on Thursday. Temps will be cool in the mid 60's and overnight lows in the low 40's

Friday is looking to also be another wet one. 70% chance of showers through out the day. Temps will be significantly cooler only reaching 55 degrees and the lows down in the low low 40's.

Saturday, Dragon day! Things are looking up. Only a 10% chance of rain! It will be partly cloudy and temps just barely reaching the 60's. Overnight lows in the mid 40's

Sixchuter Sunday, looking to have about a 50% chance of some morning showers. Temps will also be in the mid 60's and night time lows in the low 40's.

Monday is going to be a sunny day and temps in the upper 60's.

So far the weather is looking to be rather chill. It may end up being a little wet, and that's ok. I think overall, it's not even going to be as wet as the forecast is showing but the temps are going to be super comfortable.

Tune in tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I've worked at a vet, not that I'm really qualified to make any diagnosis. I say if you're still worried, get a second oppinion. More than likely it's probably allergies or maybe a skin infection.
That's what I was looking for, a second opinion since my mind has turned to the worst case scenario...lol. I will be returning to our vet after ToD too.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
ToD attendees...does anybody have an extra obd2 plug in that works with the torque app that they'd be willing to sell?

·
4,854 Posts
Today's weather report is brought to you by excitement. The emotion that makes us more active than anything else.

Days... mere days away!! Who's excited? Cause I know I am! Trying to get last minute things done! So, lets look at this pesky weather and see if some of the rain has moved out.

Thursday travelers I unfortunately have no good news. Rain is still in the forecast with a 90% chance. Temps will be nice and cool hanging around in the mid 60's and overnight lows in the mid 40's.

Friday Pizza Fest looks like it might get a little wet as well. 70% chance of rain and the temps are going to be really cool. Sitting in the low 50's, make sure to bundle up! Overnight lows in the low 40's.

Saturday, day of the dragon! Looks like the rain is trying to stick around even longer than anyone wants it. Still a 70% chance of showers. Temps in the 60's through out the day and overnight lows back in the mid 40's.

SixChuter Sunday, the rain moves out. With only a 20% chance of rain, it's going to be partly cloudy and cool. Temps in the low and comfortable 60's and the overnight lows in the low 40's.

Monday, departure day for many, it's going to be sunny (go figure) and temps will be in the upper 60's.

So, it looks like the rain is trying to hang around longer than anyone wants. I'll see what I can do to create at least a dry Saturday if not just light showers so we can enjoy all the cool things that are planned cause there are a lot! So tune in tomorrow, because as you can see....things change every day!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I have news on the wire...Just drove 45 miles in stop n go traffic and a short jaunt on interstate. Engine temp when I got home was 194! BeetleJuice is cleared for takeoff and going to ToD!!! HAPPY DANCE!!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Bumpity bump bump...BeetleJuice is already packed and my suitcase is in the van.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
HaaaaaaaaaPeeeeeeeeee
HUMP DAYyyyyyyyy
Wooo Wooooooooo!!!

Getting mighty close! Hitting the road tomorrow :banana:

Tuesday's to-do's...DONE!
-Newsletters are printed.
-Swag picked up.

===Wednesday===
Team Iggy/Juice will stop by for a quick visit to say Hi and pick up some of the T.O.D. lading.

Chino will get a good wash today, after her oil/spark plug change. Still waiting for Deutsche Auto Parts arrival of my spark plugs- they should be in today...they better. Gotta get Chino all schilky schmoove and whatnot.
#tod9

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
4,854 Posts
Today's weather report brought to you by prep. With just a few days left, what are you prepping for?

Hey guys, another day, another weather report. Lets see if the rain is starting to dry up so we can have a cool and sunny ToD.

Thursday voyagers, still wet. Only a 70% chance now though. Temps will be comfortable in high 60's. Overnight lows in the mid 40's.

Friday, pizza fest! It's going to be a little wet. 80% chance of showers and temps will plummet into the low 50's! Overnight we'll see temps in the low 40's.

Saturday, day of the dragon, 80% of some rain. Temps will warm up a bit in the low 60's. Night time temps will remain in the low 40's

Sixchuter Sunday will be sunny and beautiful. A break in the rain will bring only a 10% chance of showers and temps will be cool and beautiful in the mid to low 60's. Overnight we'll see temps barely reaching 40 degrees

Monday we'll see more sunshine. Again only a 10% chance of rain and temps will be so close to 70 degrees!

I will honestly say this has been the oddest weather report to date. Each day seems like things are changing. I'm still holding out hopes that the rain will hold off for the weekend and we'll just be in that pocket of sunshine and cool temps! Regardless, ToD is always fun! Bring your umbrellas!

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
The anticipation is killing me :D ...

On a cautionary note: If Saturday does turn rainy, be sure an leave enough distance between you and your fellow orger's, and watch that speed; wet roads are slippery!

Does anyone know if the Cherohala Skyway is anticipating foggy conditions?

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
The anticipation is killing me :D ...

On a cautionary note: If Saturday does turn rainy, be sure an leave enough distance between you and your fellow orger's, and watch that speed; wet roads are slippery!

Does anyone know if the Cherohala Skyway is anticipating foggy conditions?
Good call on the safe distance. We'll mention it at the drivers meeting.

Not sure about a fog forecast, Frank.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
We've put out a request for tarps. If you have a tarp, and have room in your beetle, we'd appreciate your help.
In case it does rain we hope to erect a tent city...a Beetle Bivouac, if you will.

·
5,634 Posts
We've put out a request for tarps. If you have a tarp, and have room in your beetle, we'd appreciate your help.
In case it does rain we hope to erect a tent city...a Beetle Bivouac, if you will.

My father and I go to car shows with the Desoto and I can bring the pop-up covering we use, if that would be helpful.

·
4,854 Posts
Happy ToD Eve Everyone!!!!! I have a half day at work today and I literally cannot concentrate. I wanna prep, I wanna pack, I wanna go to ToD!!!!

So, with that said, lets get a glance at the weather while I"m here and see if Mother Nature will be kind to us.

Travelers for ToDay (see what I did there?), still gonna be wet. It's currently raining here in ATL. PM Thunderstorms are possible tonight, with an 80% chance. Temps will get into the 70's and tonight will be cooler in the upper 40's.

Friday folks, 70% of showers. It's going to be a wet one. Temps will be very cool in the low 50's for the highs and overnight temps will be in the low 40's.

Day of the Dragon! Looks like the rain will hold off until sometime in the afternoon/evening with about a 90% chance. Temps will be cooler in the upper 50's/low 60's. With overnight lows dipping into the very low 40's.

Sixchuter Sunday, we'll see a break in the rain. It will be party cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain. Temps will creep up into the low 60's and overnight lows in the upper 30's! Brr!!

Monday, will be sunny! Temps in the 60's and beautiful! 0% chance of any precipitation, except those of us who will be crying because its time to go back to reality.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. I literally cannot wait! I'm ready for ToD now and the day is just creeeeeeeeeeping by.... until tomorrow! :D

·
5,634 Posts
Happy ToD Eve Everyone!!!!! I have a half day at work today and I literally cannot concentrate. I wanna prep, I wanna pack, I wanna go to ToD!!!!

So, with that said, lets get a glance at the weather while I"m here and see if Mother Nature will be kind to us.

Travelers for ToDay (see what I did there?), still gonna be wet. It's currently raining here in ATL. PM Thunderstorms are possible tonight, with an 80% chance. Temps will get into the 70's and tonight will be cooler in the upper 40's.

Friday folks, 70% of showers. It's going to be a wet one. Temps will be very cool in the low 50's for the highs and overnight temps will be in the low 40's.

Day of the Dragon! Looks like the rain will hold off until sometime in the afternoon/evening with about a 90% chance. Temps will be cooler in the upper 50's/low 60's. With overnight lows dipping into the very low 40's. ...

Love the pun and a "wet one" is an understatement ... From where ever you are coming from, plan for rain during your trip; we want everyone to get to ToD safely!

And yes, I too am distracted today; also this will be the first ToD event where Rook has not been detailed! :(

Attachments

361 - 380 of 387 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.