NewBeetle.org Forums banner

81 - 100 of 209 Posts

·
419 Posts
As I am impatiently waiting on May to get here, I started looking through past TOD threads. This is a gem I found from the very first TOD thread by vwgary, and I thought it fitting considering this is the 10th Tail Of the Dragon Get Together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, I'm just sitting here thinking about all the views we've been getting. And I'm wondering if some folks are now just thinking they've made a mistake by not signing up for this awesome Org event earlier. We're going to be in some gorgeous mountain country, on one of the most exhilarating roads in the country and experiencing this with some of the best nB peeps around. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for those who early on decided not to attend.

My hope is that the picture thread that follows this uber cool cruise will create the enthusiasm for an Org based GTG that becomes a growing annual event. An event that is, the TOD, GTG.
If it does nothing more than fire up a spark for smaller groups of enthusiasts to get together on a regular basis, it'll be worth it. These are the cars we love, stock or modified and we're accepting of them on every level. So let's all get motivated to spread the owner enthusiasm to the same level the nB had when introduced in 98.

OK, I'm done

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
Sunny Sunday morning bump...doin' a few things with Mocha to get him ready-er. :wink2:
Is it May, yet? :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Roberta & I will attend this 10-yr anniversary ToD weekend. Really looking forward to the event.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Booked our room at Sleep Inn in Bryson City.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's the official TOD-X art.
Gonna look into posters this year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Let me know if you want any support on event tasks like this one. Would be glad to handle getting posters for the event.

Later,

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Let me know if you want any support on event tasks like this one. Would be glad to handle getting posters for the event.

Later,
Sending you a PM Dennis.
If you can spearhead the posters, that would be great! I'll send you all necessary files and such.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
We cannot make it this year ... :crying:

Clutch went out on the wife's Fiat and we had to use the travel budget. There is no third party support in the middle Tennessee area for Fiat's and the nearest studio is in Chattanooga. So I had to take it to a Chrysler Dealer in Nashville to get it fixed; Fiat owns Dodge/Chrysler, did you know that? If I was not upset about it, watching those Dodge/Chrysler mechanics wondering what to do with it, was laughable. It took them a week and half before we got it back.

81 - 100 of 209 Posts