NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thought i'd finally get around to printing some cards and tagging some NBs in the area in the hopes of one day having an iowa/illinois quad city GTG! anyway, i went back on the old forums and found links to two great sets of nb.org tags. i believe jeff croft, at the time, had granted permission to use the nb.org logo, so i think we're set.

hope pixelnexus or skweeker doesn't mind that i am re-posting the links! they are great tags and i will be printing some off this afternoon!

skweekers tags (well, the thread that contains the post that contains the document):
http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?threadid=15822&perpage=15&highlight=tagging&pagenumber=3
i believe this one uses micosoft Word's avery 8371 template for business cards.

pixelnexus' tags:
http://newbeetle.pixelnexus.com/downloads.html
i don't know if this one follows a template.

thanks to both of you for making these! if neither one of you minds, maybe i, or you, can post the actual files here. i don't want to do so without permission though!

thanks again! :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Thanks for reminding me! I had to make more, after I gave all of mine away last week at our GTG!:)

Helpful hint: Card Stock! You can even get a pack in colored paper! :bigthumb:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I was just mentioning this to CyberGreenBaby.

I'll be bringing tags with me the Show&Go tomorrow and plan on keeping a stock of them in the car. There's a cyber green down the road from me i've wanted to invite. It's very well cared for and deserves other green friends. Hmm...Carolyn's dad used to drive a 98...wonder if he still has it?

Can we get some fresh new tags? I could only find two links that worked. I like them, but i wouldn't mind a variety.

Peace out peeps...werd...one...

yep, i'm a whitey.

John

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
FineExampl said:
Can we get some fresh new tags? I could only find two links that worked. I like them, but i wouldn't mind a variety.

John
me being the dork i am, i creating some of my own. pretty basic, but they get the point across. they're in Microsoft Word, so feel free to hack and change as you'd like. they fit Avery business card template 8371, or 8871.

wait, i just noticed i can't upload Word document. let me .pdf real quick... OK the .pdf prints ok, but not at good as the Word document. if anyone wants the original Word document, which prints a little nicer, PM me your email address and i'll send it over. MODS: why can't we upload Microsoft Word documents?

here's a quick shot of what they look like:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Erin! I love those tags! They're printing right now! Thanks! :bigthumb:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dnyed said:
Erin! I love those tags! They're printing right now! Thanks! :bigthumb:
you are very welcome! i tagged my first two new beetles today! i was so excited, but scared someone would catch me!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for a while, too.

Just a couple of points (not that I'm nit-picking!)
we now have more (or less) than 3000 members
there's no "www." in the web address.

Other than that, they look great!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beetlemania said:
I've been wanting to do this for a while, too.

Just a couple of points (not that I'm nit-picking!)
we now have more (or less) than 3000 members
there's no "www." in the web address.

Other than that, they look great!
when i type in www.newbeetle.org, it seems to work for me. i thought there was a "www". and also, the new forums have about 971 members currently. the old forums may have had over 3000 members, but a lot of them weren't active.

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
callisto9 said:
when i type in www.newbeetle.org, it seems to work for me. i thought there was a "www". and also, the new forums have about 971 members currently. the old forums may have had over 3000 members, but a lot of them weren't active.
Hence the reminder that I wasn't nit-picking.:D

I missed your version earlier, Erin! Me likey! I think the use of the .org's name design has a lot to do with that. It looks like the website!

I almost tagged a Beetle that parked next to mine the other day. I was just going to write a note. But the lady came back to the car while I was there, so I just mentioned stuff. I still felt silly.

I'll have to print some of these. I wouldn't feel silly about that.

Where do most of you stick them? In the driver's window seal or under the wiper blade?

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beetlemania said:
Hence the reminder that I wasn't nit-picking.:D

I missed your version earlier, Erin! Me likey! I think the use of the .org's name design has a lot to do with that. It looks like the website!

I almost tagged a Beetle that parked next to mine the other day. I was just going to write a note. But the lady came back to the car while I was there, so I just mentioned stuff. I still felt silly.

I'll have to print some of these. I wouldn't feel silly about that.

Where do most of you stick them? In the driver's window seal or under the wiper blade?
i would feel like such a goof if someone caught me tagging! i feel like it's this duty i must do in secret. both cars i've tagged, i put the card under the windshield wiper. i can't wait to tag some more!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
callisto9 said:
i would feel like such a goof if someone caught me tagging! i feel like it's this duty i must do in secret. both cars i've tagged, i put the card under the windshield wiper. i can't wait to tag some more!
EXACTLY!!! i was so afriad of getting caught. i am planning on going on a midnight tagging run in my neighborhood as there are 4 other NB that i know of. There's a older blue (cant recall the type of blue one just down the street that's kinda beat, but still nice. There's a turbo on my way home from work. A light blue cabrio 3-4 blocks down. A cyber green on the main road down the way leading into the 'Burg.

My mission, if i choose to accept it, will be to have to go all ninja sneaky mode one night and hum the mission impossible theme and tag all 4.

This post will self destruct in 5...4...3...2.............

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FineExampl said:
EXACTLY!!! i was so afriad of getting caught. i am planning on going on a midnight tagging run in my neighborhood as there are 4 other NB that i know of. There's a older blue (cant recall the type of blue one just down the street that's kinda beat, but still nice. There's a turbo on my way home from work. A light blue cabrio 3-4 blocks down. A cyber green on the main road down the way leading into the 'Burg.

My mission, if i choose to accept it, will be to have to go all ninja sneaky mode one night and hum the mission impossible theme and tag all 4.

This post will self destruct in 5...4...3...2.............
i have 2 beetles within 1 block of me and would love to tag them, but they would SO know it was me. i even feel embarassed to tag beetles when someone is with me. none of my friends or family understand the love and obsession i have with this car...

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
The official brand name of this site is "NewBeetle.org." The URL I have chosen to publish is http://newbeetle.org. However, the site will also respond to http://www.newbetle.org. I would prefer you print it without the www, but it will work either way.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jcroft said:
The official brand name of this site is "NewBeetle.org." The URL I have chosen to publish is http://newbeetle.org. However, the site will also respond to http://www.newbetle.org. I would prefer you print it without the www, but it will work either way.
thanks for the tip. looks like the tags i made are OK. and jeff, you're OK with me using the logo for this purpose, correct?

and um, you spelled the name of this website incorrectly. see above. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,138 Posts
callisto9 said:
thanks for the tip. looks like the tags i made are OK. and jeff, you're OK with me using the logo for this purpose, correct?

and um, you spelled the name of this website incorrectly. see above. :D
Everyone's tags are okay. I prefer the URL be listed without the www, but if you've done it with the www, that's fine too. Maybe on your next batch you can change it, or something. Not a big deal. Yes, it's fine to use the logo for this purpose.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
callisto9 said:
i tagged my first two new beetles today! i was so excited, but scared someone would catch me!
This is the same reason I haven't tagged anyone. I'm afraid someone will come running out of a store screaming at me. :lol:

1 - 20 of 157 Posts