NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the part # is for a star nut? This is the star nut that holds the tail lamp lenses on.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
The "knurled nut" shown here? Drop the one for the other side down in the body?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the kurled nut. I need 1,2 and 3 actually.
I need the part numbers if you have them.

I bought my beetle used. the passanger side was rigged with a bunch of washers and a nut... I drop these "rigged solutions" every time.

I appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My p/n diagram link is down. IndyTom's on, I'll send him over, think he has one he can access. Hope when the jury rigged it they used a metric and didn't strip it. If IndyTom can't help, Blugg can, he'll probably be around late, he's on the other side of the pond.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
My p/n diagram link is down. IndyTom's on, I'll send him over, think he has one he can access. Hope when the jury rigged it they used a metric and didn't strip it. If IndyTom can't help, Blugg can, he'll probably be around late, he's on the other side of the pond.
I am still looking. Went to V.W. AND Audi OEM Parts | Genuine Factory Parts Accessories | Wholesale and searched for tail light and found the assembly for the tail light but not the Knurled nut or the spacer and washer. Still looking . ;)

Found the NUT but not the Part number for it: Description MSRP Price Your Price Core Price Qty Total Cost
Collision Catalog - 2005 - Volkswagen - Beetle Convertible
Rear lamps, Tail lamps, Tail lamp assy, Nut, Nut Either Side - 2003-05 - 2003-05 $3.30 $1.97 $0.00 $1.97
Total: $1.97

This is from the VW PARTS Center. Knurled nut isn't too expensive

http://www.vwpartscenter.net/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=215911&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2827&groupid=2828&subgroupid=2829&componentid=2290&make=35&model=Beetle Convertible&year=2005&graphicID=9211480&callout=2&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today (Thanksgiving) I am thankful for you all that are helping me find the part numbers. I do appreciate your efforts.:)

It does look like that they used a metric nut. Doesn't seem or looked stripped.

Thank you thank you thank you again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts