NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Da Yellow 05 has Arrived
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am absolutely infatuated with the new beetle 2006 tail lights.... i dont know if they would fit my 2005 GLS... But i sure hope sooo i want them really really bad!!!!!

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Yeah, the new tail lights are great. I like the way the reflector is placed there; it looks as if it were floating, like something floating inside a marble.

I would go with one of the aftermarket LED tails, because, if you're tail lights aren't going to look as cool as the 2006 tail lights, then at least they'll be LEDs :D

·
6,525 Posts
Steinola said:
LOL! Well... sure... so is leaving them alone... but it wouldn't give Tara the look she's after ;)
Just giving her a 'clear' option, i.e. this is what I have and I'm not a big fan of any of the current altezza/led looks currently available...;)

·
6,525 Posts
SMG said:
I bought a set of red & clears from the same seller.
The product was good, the seller was the potato..
Potato is not exactly the word I would use to describe the seller, but the word I would use is about the same shape...:D

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
Billsbug said:
Just giving her a 'clear' option, i.e. this is what I have and I'm not a big fan of any of the current altezza/led looks currently available...;)
Neither am I, Bill. I know it isn't the popular opinion, but I'm not crazy about the '06 tails, either - they look a little too 'Altezza' for my tastes. Now, if there was a way to use the '06 tails and replace the backup lights with bright red rear fogs, I'd be all over it.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
mgwerks said:
Now, if there was a way to use the '06 tails and replace the backup lights with bright red rear fogs, I'd be all over it.
Oooooh... that would be cool! :goodjob:

I like the 06 tails... but I'm the first to admit it's a subjective thing. Not everyone is gonna like 'em.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ASurroca said:
Yeah, the new tail lights are great. I like the way the reflector is placed there; it looks as if it were floating, like something floating inside a marble.
i think i might be the only one that doesn't really like the 06 tails... i think they make the car's butt look rather cross-eyed :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
SMG said:
The only thing I like about the 06 is the new VW emblems.

Everything else is simply changed for the sake of change, not for the sake of making a nicer-looking car.

SMG
GOOD POINT. and very true.

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
Tara I hope this helps

Tara'sSunflower05 said:
I am absolutely infatuated with the new beetle 2006 tail lights.... i dont know if they would fit my 2005 GLS... But i sure hope sooo i want them really really bad!!!!!
Tara I know these aren't the same but I personally think they're similar, check them out.http://www.k2motor.com/beetle1.html

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
you could always do what i've recently done...

buy a set of Gen2 altezzas and paint them entirely red. Now you could leave a hole open to show through clear, however I was afraid of the paint peeling...this is how they turned out. Hope you like!

Similar to an 06 at certain angles...I like the change, subtle yet deadly!!! LOL :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts