NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently changed my brake lights, and now my tail lights wont come on. I check all the fuses and they look good. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there some special way to install the brake lights? They work, but maybe the way they were installed did something to the tail lights.

·
Blue Hunter
824 Posts
Your brake lights and tail lights are in the same bulb, did you install a dual filiment bulb? not knowing what you know I have to start with the very basics and work up from there.

If you did, then try taking the bulb back out and look into the socket for a damaged contact, also check to see if the bulb can be installed backwards which might prevent a contact from touching the bulb.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have an intermitten problem where my drivers brake light will not come on unless I walk back and bang on the housing, then it will work for awhile, Im thinking I should pull housing and clean the socket and get new bulb, maybe add some dielectric grease, is that a good idea? or no

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I have an intermitten problem where my drivers brake light will not come on unless I walk back and bang on the housing, then it will work for awhile, Im thinking I should pull housing and clean the socket and get new bulb, maybe add some dielectric grease, is that a good idea? or no
This is a common problem. Take the bulb out of the socket and pry the metal prong in the bottom of the socket up. This should fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts