NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SgtBeetle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)Started up my NB Friday, and the wagger lite came on! It won't deploy manually, and does not come up at speed. I am guessing it might be a fuse. Any thoughts? Where would that fuse be, I have not found it yet. I don't care about the TW working since I have a factory(?) wing, just want the damn idiot lite off!

2) How long should I let the car run so the turbo cools down?

Thanx all and Happy New Year!

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Answeres:
1: I looked through my bently manual, and i dind't see a fuse or relay anywhere for the spoiler, so my best guess is to find someone with a vag-com cable to see what the lights is trying to tell you.

2: You hsould let the turbo cool down at least a minute or two before shutting the engine off. This allows the turbo time to be slooped down and be cooled by the oil before the oil stops pumping.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Just to help with any confusion. Did you purchase the aftermarket Tailwagger module? The Tailwagger is a module sold by an individual (nothing to do with VW) that allows you to control when the spoiler deploys and retracts.

The spoiler itself is not called a tailwagger, it's just a spoiler. As for the light. That light will come on and be steady if there is a problem somewhere in the system. So if it's on, there's a problem, and it will not deploy or retract at the appropriate speeds.

·
SgtBeetle
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, yhea it's just the factory setup. I need to stop calling it a tail wagger:eek: . I know that I have a problem, just hopeing it is a fuse, but can't find it. It was working fine, then one morning the lite came on, and stayed on. I am fine with it not working, just want to know why, and make the idiot lite go out. Thanx

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
On the turbo cooldown, it's only really necessary if you've been cruising at highway speeds, or have been very, uh, spirited... :D Normal around-town driving doesn't always require it, but it never hurts.

I usually open the door and let the chime stop before shutting down the motor.

-Des

1 - 8 of 8 Posts