NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently took a job at a VW store, I drive a GTI, but I love the Beetle. We have this Beetle in stock and wondering if it is a factory package? Or is it just a Wolfsburg and the sticker and trim pieces are an aftermarket endeavor? Either way, its a great looking car. I have not seen many TDI Cabs and never one with this cosmetic application.

·
Registered
2000 2L 9C Beetle
29 Posts
I thought they were only made for Spain - that looks like a home version but I could be wrong. Personally, it's a no for me - but it s cute.

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
Looks to be something the dealer did to a stock TDI convertible. I had a friend that worked for a dealership had done a lot of customization to his own beetle and they trusted him with a budget of $1000-2000 to take the aftermarket parts that VW was making to do something like this to a car that they would display and, of course, add those elements to the price. We also have a dealership in Dallas that would get a beetle a year and paint or wrap it pink because they would sell every year. If you work at the dealership you are closest to the source - they could tell you if they did this or they took it in on a trade and kept it customized because it would attract people.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
My local VW dealer, had a similar situation; they did something like this, in the new beetle ear and later. They would choose, to add stickers, through the local pinstripe, automotive vinyl cut/sign guy and other accessories, like different wheels/tire package, to make it something to attract buyers to the sales lot and promote the Beetle sales. I'm not aware, of any "official" VW "herbie" themed package but individual VW dealers; seemed to come up with this sort of theme on their own?

The New Beetle area; definitely, had some special editions, to drive sales and to use in promotional events, etc. Check them out here: START HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts