NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright here it is. The official photo thread for the Maiden Voyage. Talimena Scenic Drive 2012.

:)

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first pic is Aplseed, Pushing Fifty and I at the John Wayne birthplace.

Number 2 and 3 is Oh Randi, Pushing Fifty, and I at an old Esso Gas Station and at a vista on the drive.

More to come.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Wow

That looks like a awesome ride! Wish we could have made it this year.

Hopefully those brave souls who sponsored it will be running it again Next year.

Chuckie

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Can't wait to see more from the weekend.

Good start at John Wayne's birth house. I love to stop at those Americana type places when I travel.

Very cool.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I have sooo many pictures on my phone! I know what I'll be working on today at work! I'll try to have them up by tonight! I had soo much fun with you guys, I think it would be really cool to make this a yearly thing. I'd definitely work to make that happen. (Since I'm a lot more local to it than you guys!)

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is some more.
The first picture is at the Cedar covered bridge. The only covered bridge of Madison County that you can drive on.

The second picture is at a Studebaker Dealer, right behind the old Esso station.

The rest are photo ops at some of the Vistas on the drive.

The last picture is of the Paragon Prairie Tower in Des Moines. Aplseed joined us for a late night photo op.

Attachments

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Alright, so I am EXHAUSTED after going through over 300 pictures and picking out the decent ones. Next time I'm investing in a better camera.. My blackberry sucks a lot worse at taking pictures than I thought. :( Most of them were bad and had to be deleted. The picture quality on these is awful. But here's a link to the album with ALL the pics, I only put maybe 10 here because I'm sleepy.
Talimena 2012 pictures by Randipantss - Photobucket

The sun came out very briefly :)

Old George

The crew

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad there isnt a like button! :p

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Like, like, like, like.like, like, like.like, like, like.like, like, like.like, like, like.like, like, like.like, like, like.like, like, like.!!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Randi, Those pics came out nice. What I have to worry about is the quality from my gas station $10 disposable camera, not to mention finding a place that will still develop the film......Along with a laptop, I'll also invest in a real camera. Someone will just have to teach this 70s dinosaur how to use a digital camea. The last camera I owned was a Kodak Instamatic that took snapshots and really dating myself, slides. I believe Jimmy Carter was in office.:p Since then, my wife takes all our family photos.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Randi , those pix look pretty cool. I love the one with the sun flare on the center , Like your driving into the light.

Nice pix every one, only thing I see missing is a green beetle with a black stripe. I sure wish I could come along. I was jsut afraid if he didnt find work soon Id regret spending the money . I definately plan on making it next year if at all possible.

I still have to work on the pix from the Des Moines GTG Ill post when I get a chance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Randi, I looked at all your pix. One over all theme I see is you seem to be attracted to Dustins euro tail lights Or a fondness for yellow beetles.. hmmm. I might suggest next year swapping the order each time you stop so pix get other beetles in them from time to time.lol

I also see the colors were just starting , so I voted for later in Oct next year. This did look like fun, surprised it was only you three , I thought we have a few more possibles. I do feel like I missed out on some fun. I dont know about Roswell, but I would definately try to make this event next year. Who knows if things turn around maybe I can try for both .

·
Registered
377 Posts
OK, Here are mine from the DSM meet up .. I took some libertires in post processing of my images and really pushed limits to make the colors pop.

Paragon Prairie tower Man MattyDs fog lights are bright. Got some crazy lens flare too, but that makes it all the more interestiong dont you think ?

Meeting up at Imes Covered Bridge in Saint Charles IA on of 6 remaining covered bridges in MAdison CO IA as seen in the movie Bridges of Madison County (we had time to see 3 )

http://newbeetle.org/forums/members...821-trbn8r-picture5920-untitled-1-150-rsz.jpg

After that we really drew some attention at my home town Caseys. Who thought we were delivering these cars some place. lol On Highway mirror shot

Off down gravel roads , dust flying to see the Holliwell Bridge . The longest of the remaining bridges

At John waynes Birth Place

Driving all 3 beetles across Cedar Bridge Rebuilt a few years ago after an Arsonist burned original bridge down You can still drive across this one

Dustin driving off bridge

Pat Waving

Another couple attempts at mirror shots while driving

And a iphone instagram shot

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey folks I new here. Does anybody know about meetings in California I'm Sacramento :confused::dunno:
Check out the west section in Events and Planning.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts