NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any established GTG's or meets in the Tampa Area for New Beetles? (Brandon, North Tampa, Temple terrace, USF area, downtown?)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Welcome to the org.

The Central Florida orgers (new beetle.org members) are a growing group and are always trying to cook up a GtG.

In the world of the org, the Tampa GtG region consists of...
-Tampa
-Orlando
and points outward and in between- not trying to be vague, but we travel well:D

I'm a Jacksonville orger, yet I travel to the Orlando GtGs. I'm not alone- there's several other Jax dubbers who make the trek as well.

It's great that you're a part of the org family:bigthumb:. Your desire to GtG is very welcome here. The one thing I, and others try and stress is to remain active here. We have a couple of Tampa orgers, Severe (Jason) is one of our stronger Tampa orgers.

We've been trying to get a lot more involvement from the Tampa crew. Some share an interest and say they'd like to attend a GtG. The frustrating thing of this is, they'll share an interest, via one post, maybe two, then disappear. We can't coordinate or confirm their interests for a GtG, so we're left with our faithful few- a good dozen central FL dubbers. We have plenty of central Fl orgers.... they just need to be more active and let us know what's up, so we can get some bigger representation in the Tampa area. So my beetle-lovin friend, the biggest key is to stay active here on the org.

Tampa has a lot of good locations for a GtG. BTW, most of our GtG's usually revolve around some place to eat and hangout- even a cruise, you know, the usual:D. Heck, you all have that little park area along the Courtney Campbell Causeway... there's even Phillipe Park in Safety Harbor; lots of great places to cruise. There's even the last Biff Burger in St. Pete that would be great to have a cruise-in. Of course the area's you've mentioned have some great spots too- we've just gotta get the peeps out and involved.

All ideas are welcome here- this is all our online hangout, so bring some ideas to the table- we love them.

We've got a good group of peeps here, from all sorts of backgrounds and ages, yet we seem to gel pretty well.

I could go on and on, but I think i've thrown out a big enough bone for you to chew on:lol:. Keep on posting and hammer away on the Tampa crew. As I often have to do, I break out the ol whoopin stick (figuratively) to round up the crew:lol:

Again, keep posting, and be persistent. We'll get The Tampa Dub crew rollin deep!

Again, welcome:wave2:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Absolutely

Al your so right! There is sooo much to do & see in the city of Tampa! Sooo close to St. Pete beach, Ybor City. A good meetup spot wud be the Quaker Steak in Clearwater. There is a Drag Strip, also that Burger spot you had mentioned to me from a while back... I am positive that many, if not all mentioned wud love to host an event. I am your neighbor now, but I am back & forth to Tampa on business weekly :mad:UNFORTUNATE COMMUTE, to do alot of the setup...

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,846 Posts
Al your so right! There is sooo much to do & see in the city of Tampa! Sooo close to St. Pete beach, Ybor City. A good meetup spot wud be the Quaker Steak in Clearwater. There is a Drag Strip, also that Burger spot you had mentioned to me from a while back... I am positive that many, if not all mentioned wud love to host an event. I am your neighbor now, but I am back & forth to Tampa on business weekly :mad:UNFORTUNATE COMMUTE, to do alot of the setup...
Neighbor as in living in Jacksonville?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Currently...

Yeah Al, looking forward to hanging. No excuse now. Not that there ever was really an excuse, just an explantion, but I'm close enuf to get the help of your expertise & Jville connects now!!! As far as a Tampa GTG, I think we can make it bigger than we can even estimate. There are so many there, but the city is sooo fast paced I literally have to chase on the verge of stalking to catch the little Bugger's! I still have business there so I am unfortunately I'm commuting there weekly & can do alot of the footwork. Let's do it!!!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Still Around?

You bet we are still around.

Just last week we had a GTG in Brooksville, just north of Tampa, at the world famous Coney Island hot dog stand! We had half a dozen Beetles from as far away as South Carolina show up with others from Orlando and Jacksonville.

If you keep a close eye on this forum and also on the Collective on FB you will see some of the goings on in Florida for NBs. There is almost always something going on somewhere.

The next "Swarming", I believe, is at Jingle Bugs Rock at Old Town in Orlando. Don't have the dates in my head right now, but someone will chime in and let you know. Last year water cooled Beetles from our group "Florida Org folks" took first and second prize in the dress up your Beetle contest. Not bad considering there were a couple hundred air breathers there and it is basically and air breather event.

Hope to see you at one of the gatherings sometime in the future.

Chuckie. Nurse Diesel, and Manfred from Jacksonville

1 - 11 of 11 Posts