VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a problem with my 99 new beetle tdi it has 272k on it and the injection pump was going bad so I replaced it with a used one that 170k on it and now it won't rev past 2800rpm and it idles nd runs very loud someone please help

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
Have you scanned for codes? Did you check timing? IQ? Where did you get the pump from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it has a quality adj reached upper limit and glow plug codes but they were already in it and no I haven't had it checked with vagcom.

And the replacement pump came off a good motor that sat for a while after it was took out of the car

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
What are the exact code numbers you're getting? What problems were you having that prompted you to replace the pump?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pump I took off would idle but every 30 seconds It would rev up and miss on its own and hat run really bad and it was very hard cranking but it would run fine while on the highway at a higher rpm
The codes are. P1562. And. P0380

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't cleared them yet I talked to a shop and they think my timming is off so I'm going to recheck it when I can and I'll get back to u

1 - 11 of 11 Posts