NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Its Here!

Well I got a call on Friday that the car had finally arrived and I picked it up earlier this afternoon. So overall the car came in on the original date they'd given me. Also learned they ordered two exact cars because they thought it hadn't been ordered so there's a Shadow Blue and grey package 2 with a sirius radio being made if someone is interested.:)

TDI4ever

·
Registered
15 Posts
TDI4ever said:
Well I got a call on Friday that the car had finally arrived and I picked it up earlier this afternoon. So overall the car came in on the original date they'd given me. Also learned they ordered two exact cars because they thought it hadn't been ordered so there's a Shadow Blue and grey package 2 with a sirius radio being made if someone is interested.:)

TDI4ever
Congrats on the car! My car has finally made its way to port (Houston), so it should be here in a couple of weeks. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my TDI on 9/6 and the dealer had it by 10/22.

I think it was made to my spec because I added Sirius and a cd changer , I thought the cd changer would be put in at dealer but it was done at the factory.. it was even listed on the cars sticker.

When I ordered it the salesman took it to the purchasing agent and he created the VW order.... The Purchase Order had all the codes for the things I wanted and faxed off to VW.

I did a TDI , Gecko Green , Pakage #2 , Sirius radio , cd changer

When the dealer ran a search there were none in existence in the entire US both already here and coming so the purchase order was created...

I used Gunther VW in Ft. Lauderdale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its not a production isuue or anything like that.

VW's number of TDI's is limited by the gov't emission standards. After selling so many, they have to pay back credits. Ever notice how they are plentiful in the beginning of a model year, then they dwindle? I remeber back in 98, they were limited to around 20K TDI's and it has increased a bit each year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard from one of the sales guys that the number of TDI allocated to the US for 06 has been reached and they're really not expecting more to come in. I'm glad that I already have mine. :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts