NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Has anyone tried the aftermarket LED 3rd brake lights; that are out now?
I haven't, but I would imagine as long as the mounting pieces line up, they should go in without issue.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Next small project I've done recently is to fix up Pepe's front grill and fog lights. A nice PennDot snow plow left a trail of snow across the road which took out my grill and both fog lights.

Soooo, had to get out the zip ties, JB Weld and a purchase on Amazon to get it all back together.

As you can see, 13 years of hanging 4" off the road take it's toll on the glass lens. The brightness is much different now with the new lights in :D

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
Good timing sir ;-). Give me a ring before you start so I can give you the 411 on the rear swivel badge.

Plus your tiny fingers will be a big plus while doing this swap. :p
can do...the badge wasn't really an issue removing the light, since the light was essentially shredded on the back side.

oh, yeah, i'm sure my hands and fingers will be a huge help in this job. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Rob, I have a fog light grill ( new aftermarket), I can bring it to TOD if you want it. I have the light bar too( currently white, but Tabitha got the "spoiler" last year.

Let me know.

David

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Rob, I have a fog light grill ( new aftermarket), I can bring it to TOD if you want it. I have the light bar too( currently white, but Tabitha got the "spoiler" last year.

Let me know.

David
Hey David, really appreciate the reach-out bud. But, I have a Votex Front Bumper now, not the OEM bumper. If you you have a Votex Bumper front grill though, I would be eternally grateful :)

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
Plus your tiny fingers will be a big plus while doing this swap. :p
And them little fingers were a HUGE help, not...light was not cooperating, and I walked away before I broke something. Grrrrrr. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,283 Posts
Wow those old pics were great to see! So many great times in years past. Those new lenses look so much better too! :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Do you still have Pepe?

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Absolutely. 18 years old now, can't believe where the time has gone. He's going to be getting a re-fresh this year after we go to TOD in May. Still my #1 favorite car I have owned.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here's a pic of Christie and I at last years TOD with Pepe.

Attachments

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Might creat some "How-to" Post's about converting all of my external lights to LED.

So, let's start with the Fog Lights.

You will need a short length step drill, and mark the 1/2" step with a black marker (or the size of your LED barrel).

Then, deep breath, drill out the slot on the light bulb bracket and then through the slot on the back of the reflector housing.

This will give you the opening to install an LED bulb, and allow it to still be held by the OEM bracket.

Cheers! Technotrix'd. :wave3:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts
Might creat some "How-to" Post's about converting all of my external lights to LED.

So, let's start with the Fog Lights.

You will need a short length step drill, and mark the 1/2" step with a black marker (or the size of your LED barrel).

Then, deep breath, drill out the slot on the light bulb bracket and then through the slot on the back of the reflector housing.

This will give you the opening to install an LED bulb, and allow it to still be held by the OEM bracket.

Cheers! Technotrix'd. :wave3:
Nice retrofit mang. Looking forward to the writeups- might have to do the same with Cup.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
12 Participants
scarabY2k
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing