NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 TDI and after driving home from work, about 30 miles at 60mph, the temperature light started flashing red when I was pulling up the driveway. I checked the fluid level and the tank is full, I can't find any leaks, and both cooling fans were running. Any ideas.:confused:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Are you sure the coolant level is good? Sometimes if its close to the min line, even if its over, it can trigger the light.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had this problem before, you said your fans are working? The common problem could be your coolant temp sensor. But I couldn't tell ya for sure. You would have to go to a trusted mechanic. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tank is defiantly FULL. Could it be a stuck thermostat? I don't here any sounds that would indicate a seized water pump.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,122 Posts
Full as in the top of the reservoir? Shouldn't be that full.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tank level is one inch above the middle of the tank. New symptom... the air coming out of the cabin vents on max heat is outside air temp.

·
I love my Butterkup baby!
489 Posts
The tank level is one inch above the middle of the tank. New symptom... the air coming out of the cabin vents on max heat is outside air temp.
I had that happen too & it turned out to be the thermostat so definitely look into that as an option as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts