NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it was time to start a thread to brag on my New Beetle. :D

My Beetle's name is Jolene, named after one of my favorite Dolly Parton songs (Yes, I'm a Dolly Parton fan - I'm a Tennessee gal so what did you expect? :p )

I purchased Jolene from a gentleman and his wife that live in Huntsville, Alabama. The gentleman works at the same company as my husband (but a different state) and had posted Jolene for sale on the company's internal classified ads. My hubby knew I had wanted a Beetle forever, and jumped on the chance to get her for me. :D The previous owner had already ordered a 2012 Beetle Turbo 'vert, triple black - and expects to get his Beetle sometime around March 2012 (I guess it was a special order, from what I understand).

The only mod's that the previous owner did on Jolene was to tint her windows - which look fantastic! It was important to him to keep her as she is, for the most part, since she is a limited edition. For now I've no major plans to change her up. I love her just the way she is. :heart:

So on November 24 2011 (Thanksgiving here in the US), my hubby and I met the gentleman and his wife to officially get Jolene. I drove home that day with a big ol' stupid grin on my face - I was finally in my dream car.

So I just got around to taking some pictures of Jolene today - I am not driving her around yet because I've not received my car tags PLUS I'm still driving my previous car until I sell it (of course, when I get tags for Jolene I'm sure that'll change). Today I washed, clay bar-ed, and waxed Jolene for the first time. Here are some pictures of her during the process (right now the wax is drying so she's a work in progress).

*Pictures of Jolene before I gave her a good wash:

Attachments

·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some additional pictures of Jolene, one of her wet (and wild - LOL) and one of her after I dried her (and before I did the clay bar). Once I get the wax off her I'll take another picture. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very nice! I like that colour. Is the roof black, or is that a massive sun roof?

I envy your weather that you can clay bar in December.

Trying to do that here, heck I might as well take a hockey puck and rub it over the car, with it so cold I bet the clay bar would feel like a hockey puck out there.

·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! I like that colour. Is the roof black, or is that a massive sun roof?

I envy your weather that you can clay bar in December.

Trying to do that here, heck I might as well take a hockey puck and rub it over the car, with it so cold I bet the clay bar would feel like a hockey puck out there.
Thanks! :) The roof is black, and it does have a sunroof. But I agree that it looks like a massive sunroof!

We are having beautiful weather - it was chilly this morning at 34 degrees but has warmed up to a pleasant 50 degrees and full sun! It turned out to be a perfect day to clay bar. :) It was chilly this morning when I washed her, though. :)

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Welcome to the org!

Oh, Jolene is so beautiful and sweet :heart:
Looking forward to see more pics...

Greetings from Finland.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Congrats to you for obtaining your dream car! :party:

·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so after 5+ hours I am done with Jolene. :D I took a few pictures of her 'after' but since the sun is going down the pictures aren't as bright as they were from this morning.

Here are some pictures of her - in the last picture I was trying to show how shiny she is by taking a picture of my reflection. Hopefully it turned out. She is smooth as silk! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Awwww thank you! I think she turned out just fab. It was hard work but worth it I think. Of course, I may not be able to use my right arm tomorrow.....:roflmao:
That's okay, just do the same prodecure tomorrow with your left arm then you will forget about the right one ;)

Very nice car Btw. Nice job on washing her. BRRR.. 34 degrees, wasn't that a bit chilly for a wash :p I bet the hard work kept you nice and warm. Nicely done. Since your car is already spotless, I will volunteer my car to be clay bared and waxed tomorrow so your arms can be equally sore. :D

·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since your car is already spotless, I will volunteer my car to be clay bared and waxed tomorrow so your arms can be equally sore. :D
Oh so tempting, but I'll have to pass. LOL!

Yes, it was a bit chilly for a wash in the morning but I use very warm water to wash (that helped keep my hands warm) and once I got going I wasn't cold at all. LOL!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Oh so tempting, but I'll have to pass. LOL!

Yes, it was a bit chilly for a wash in the morning but I use very warm water to wash (that helped keep my hands warm) and once I got going I wasn't cold at all. LOL!
Another reason is that Jolene is one HOT Mama :D

1 - 20 of 200 Posts