NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I live in Belton Tx, 30 Mins north of Austin and 30 South of Waco.....

I am all for a Texas NB Round up......
I'm north of Dallas but from the Hill Country so let me know when and where. Mom and dad drive a NBC so they would be in as well. Sister drives an EOS she might have to tag along.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm north of Dallas but from the Hill Country so let me know when and where. Mom and dad drive a NBC so they would be in as well. Sister drives an EOS she might have to tag along.
We're just starting to get this together! Will put you on a list for updates! Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh-Oh! UPDATE!

I did a little off this site research and found out the TNBRU is/was a real serious organization, actually a Corporation! I don't think we really want to do anything right now this formal. Just some friendly, get to meet people, GTGs and/or road trips. Something a little more layed back, in a true Texas tradition.

In my busy season, Feb thru Oct, I work 80-100 hrs per week and, to say the least, probably don't have time for all that.

We don't want to mislead oldtimers or newcomers that we are affiliated with TNBRU, as we are not, at least not at this time. We want to continue in the persuit of getting something going, just not so formally, at least from what I'm hearing.

To this end, we need to get out of this TNBRU community, and do this somewhere else on the site. We need a presence, just don't want to create issues.

I'm am in the process of working to set up a FB (Facebook) Page, either as a "Community" or an "Organization", to have a place where we can consolidate all those interested, easily broadcast news to all involved, ultimately have a place to post comments, pics, etc of roadtrips, GTGs, and any other events. A place easily and quickly accessible to all who are interested in what we have going on. Kind of a web based club! FB seems to be the most logical place to do this. I could really use some help with this, because I am really FB stupid. Or if anyone has any other thoughts or ideas, please feel free to offer them up.

Dang, I really got off to the name "Texas New Beetle Round Up", too!

Stay tuned...

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Yes, the TNBRU is a corporation.

I think for planning purposes you could use this forum...just title it as something other than TNBRU:p
I don't think it will get too confusing.

But I do think that if you want to plan something that is Texas wide you can either do it in this forum or in the Southwest Regional Forum (I think that is where we have Texas).

Facebook is a good place for official updates, but not a good planning environment. I would suggest that you stick with these forums for something like that, because you already have a captive audience with NB owners. If you like, just add a link for Planning to the thread you start here on the org.

I'd be up for an annual gtg, if someone wants to get something planned. It is always a challenge to come up with a date...you need to scour all of the Texas Clubs that might have New Beetles that have major shows and stay away from those weekends....or at least stay away from the weekends of the folks that are initially interested.

Our Club used to do cruises all the time. The Bluebonnet trail in Ennis, we would cruise out to Ponder to the Ponder Steak House...and to Abilene to check out the Texas History Museum and even the Dr.Pepper Museum in Dublin and Texas Ranger Museum in Waco.

·
Pisant
234 Posts
Yes, the TNBRU is a corporation.

I think for planning purposes you could use this forum...just title it as something other than TNBRU:p
I don't think it will get too confusing.

But I do think that if you want to plan something that is Texas wide you can either do it in this forum or in the Southwest Regional Forum (I think that is where we have Texas).

Facebook is a good place for official updates, but not a good planning environment. I would suggest that you stick with these forums for something like that, because you already have a captive audience with NB owners. If you like, just add a link for Planning to the thread you start here on the org.

I'd be up for an annual gtg, if someone wants to get something planned. It is always a challenge to come up with a date...you need to scour all of the Texas Clubs that might have New Beetles that have major shows and stay away from those weekends....or at least stay away from the weekends of the folks that are initially interested.

Our Club used to do cruises all the time. The Bluebonnet trail in Ennis, we would cruise out to Ponder to the Ponder Steak House...and to Abilene to check out the Texas History Museum and even the Dr.Pepper Museum in Dublin and Texas Ranger Museum in Waco.
I will be there with two NB's, three if I can find another driver. Antoine, I will be glad to help in any way, I know car shows are hard to put together and it does take a lot of help. Just let me know and I can handle whatever projects needed. Glad to help with anything to get a NB show in Texas.

Ray

·
100% Texan 100% NBC Lover
135 Posts
Hey Y'all Texas NB owners. I was just going to pipe in and let you know that we have decided on a GTG for the Austin/CenTex group. If I recall correctly, We are planning a GTG on March 19th of 2011. I need to confirm that and get back with you, but I think that is the date. The more people we have going, the more fun it will be. We had a blast last time. Ray, you can vouch for me. Check out the Austin Dub Club thread.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/usa-southwest/38995-austin-tx-dub-club.html

I will check and let y'all know.

Kirk
:cool:

·
100% Texan 100% NBC Lover
135 Posts
As it stands right now, The 19th of March is the date.
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
We are planning on doing the Classic this year (for the first time) - don't think we can swing two shows in two months with the 6 hour drive though.:(...not with Roswell right around the corner.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.