VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank You Blackbug for saving my stepson today he walked away from you with only bruising and a broken wrist. We had good times these past few months as I worked with you to iron out the goofy mechanical gremlins. I even posted the ''ghost stealing my g12'' thread here on the Org. We were almost done making you stone reliable only a few tidbits remained. My daughters long coveted black five speed I was just so close to handing her your title.

Oh how a car gets under our skin and becomes like a companion, some of us have a love/hate relationship with their vehicles and these New Beetles can be challenging. I never named this one as I wanted Kristy to bestow it herself. I just called it blackbug. Folks I have to say, this was one of the good ones. As I waited for the tow truck to pick it up a rainbow appeared on a rain-less afternoon as another Beetle earned his wings

Attachments

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Firstly and most importantly, YES, thank goodness your stepson is ok.

I have heard and read about many Beetles offering themelves to save their humans, another story for those winged Beetles.

Unbelievable pictures of the Beetle, the rainbow is, just, well, I have no words.

RIP blackbug.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Wow, glad you are ok; many here have been saved, by their New Beetles! It looks like another one; gave its life for you! :) Back when these were new; they had some of the highest safety ratings, for a car in its class! Keep with us; if you continue to work and fix any VWs you may have or acquire in the future! These cars; do get under your skin and they "stick with you", in this case, possibly saved your life! Thank you VW engineers and your own sacrificial black New Beetle! :cool:

PS: you might want to send this picture and your story; to volkswagen of america, they might use your story!

http://www.vw.com/social-news/

http://www.vw.com/contact/

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
OMG...What happened? Thank goodness, only relatively minor injuries! :eek:

Another New Beetle sacrifices itself for its driver. Rest in peace. :(

Now you know why these make great cars for young, and old drivers. In my 12 years of owning them, I've seen many kinds of accident pictures - but, every one lived to tell the tale. I don't feel invincible, but I do feel safe in my cocoon.

I hope your stepson is healed soon. Will you get another NB?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one I was fixing on the fly so I could get my daughter back into a black five speed as that is her favorite of beetles , I was about to give it to her next month for her birthday. I have an '01 named Nevwl that I am patching back together after my wife had an incident with it. I'm not going anywhere :) Going to locate another Black one and start over again when funding is figured out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts