NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This is my first thread on this great forum and I just wanted to help you all with with telling you my problem and what I did to solve it.

I have a 2002 new beetle with nearly 240000KM on it and when I bought the car (4months ago) I noticed that the guy I bought from had put a switch between the battery and the red cable heading to the fuse box and I did not ask what it was until the next day I knew when the car did not start because the battery was dead so I knew that if you leave the battery conected then it will day in around 4 hours or less so i decided to fix the car as I love it as my daughter so when I asked how much is it going to cost me I was told around 300$ just to tell me what is wrong with it not fixing so I tried to do it my self bu trying to search for what is draining the battery and I was sure that it was something big because of the little time but then I noticed the black wire from the alternator and the fuse box it was melting and so hot so tried first removing fuse by fuse and then i decided to change the fuse box and the cable and I installed it and went home and checked it to find that it melted again within 45 Min. so I thought that some thing should be wrong with the alternator (not giving enough power or some thing and will I was trying to conect the cable to the fuse box and the car switched of I found that the cable was sparking as if it I was conecting + with negative and that was it the alternator has a confilct inside it and it was draing the battery and making the cable go hot and melting the fuse box so I changed it and the car now is sooooooo good and working as never before.

·
Registered
11,585 Posts
Wow, that is one long sentence! LOL! Glad you got your beetle fixed... take a deep breath! :) Be sure to add where you live and the year, model of your beetle in your profile... :) I just love it when people put "switches" on things; just fix it right!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts