NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two little boys made my day in a shopping center parking lot yesterday. I was getting out of my car when all of a sudden I hear this kid shout out-
"I got the white one! I got the white one!"

They were playing the Beetle game where you count up how many Beetles you see on the road. The non-punching equivalet of the "Slug-Bug" game we used to play when I was a kid, where you got to punch your buddy in the arm and shout "Slug-bug!" anytime you saw a Beetle.

Anyway, the little guy gave me a great big grin, when he saw that I heard him. Totally made my day! :cool:

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
A few weeks ago while returning up the Northeast extension,I was passed by an Audi station wagon with 3 boys in the back. When he was beside me, I could read his lips as he yelled out punch bug...lol He then turned to his left and proceeded to whack the other two boys...I just laughed..

·
Artsy Fartsy Bohemeanne
32 Posts
These games are popular still in my area. I see and hear lots of kids screaming "punch buggy" when they see me. It always makes me smile but now I do it when I'm driving which makes me punch my passengers while I drive. It's usually just my husband but he doesn't know how I see them so quickly. I think I have Beetle radar. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I always see teenagers walking through town punch each other when I drive by...being older I think they tend to get a little rougher than the young kids haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts