NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:warmfuzi:

On Saturday, my boyfriend Matt (VW2.0Driver) asked me to marry him :hugkiss:

I'm so excited! I love my ring! The proposal was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better day.

We went to a really pretty park (nature preserve) and we walked along a trail with no one to be seen for miles. The leaves were changing colors and there were ducks and swans swimming in the lake. Before I knew it he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

Thank you to newbeetle.org and everyone who put together NBeast '03, otherwise I would have never met Matt. :)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
OMG!!! Congrats to both of you!!
I'm so happy for you!
You guys make an awesome couple and I wish you years and years and years of happiness together!
Have you set a date yet?
:clap:
Pics of the ring?? I need to see pics!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Are you sure you have the security clearance necessary to marry Matt? :)

(Just kidding - congratulations!)

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Such wonderful news! Congratulations to you both!! :party:

Attachments

·
18,312 Posts
jcroft said:
I should make a new rule for the site: No "love" talk.

Steph, you've been warned. Next time you'll be banned! :D
I can promise ya I won't be talking about it anymore! Love stinks! :hurl:

:D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:) Thank you everyone for all the kind words!!

I took a few pics of my ring, the pictures didn't turn out very well. I don't know how to get a good clear picture with lots of sparkle.

Attachments

·
18,312 Posts
SilverVw3 said:
:) Thank you everyone for all the kind words!!

I took a few pics of my ring, the pictures didn't turn out very well. I don't know how to get a good clear picture with lots of sparkle.
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! :cool: I'm sure it's blindingly sparkly! Looks like it from the pics!

·
I AM SMILEY MAN!!!
310 Posts
Congratulations! To think, I knew you back when you were climbing in and out of NB trunks...

They're all growing up so fast...

p.s. Can Jerry, Pete and I be your brides maides? :dance2: :scared:

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
:)

I thought I'd add my two cents in...

For me this was the best thing that had happened all week. Between things that were going on with work (incidents being blown way out of proportion) and just having a bad day of TRYING to propose to steph, when it all finally happened, I was so happy.

Steph gave the short version, but basically, I had planned to give her the ring in the morning, and do so with both of our beetles. Mother nature decided to be evil and open the floodgates and release as much rain as possible. I gave up on that Idea, and we went for a ride. We eventually came to this little area called Liberty Resevoir and we had a nice lake around us with all the trees changing colors. A cop decided to comw down the hill while I was romancing Steph. I figured we'd done something wrong but he basically backed up and left. 5 minutes later a woman in a BMW showed up and didn't leave so I said fine, we are going...(I was really pissed about this). We eventually ended up at this nature preserve area near gaithersburg steph mentioned and that's where I did it.

:) This definately was the pinnacle of my weekend, and definately helped change the mood I was in greatly after I saw her reaction.

:hugkiss: I just have to say I love Steph a bunch and really look forward to our wedding day :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts