NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Key Lime" and The "BUGSTUFF" Road Crew

Here's a picture of the "BUGSTUFF" crew on the road. "Key Lime" is our Cyber Green 1998 New Beetle with a 2.0L engine and 5-Speed Transmission. The groovy trailer is a 2003 Yuppie Wagon and it tows beautifully behind the New Beetle. The approximate 4 foot by 7 foot cargo area provides 96.6 cubic feet of storage. Weighs only 460 lbs. empty and has a tongue weight of 66 lbs. Payload capacity is 944 lbs. Coupling is provided by a Class 1 Draw-Tite Sportframe hitch, which can also be used for hitch-mounted bike racks. When on the road, our New Beetle is protected by a custom-embroidered Perfect-Fit Car Bra.

This photo was taken at the White Sands National Monument, just outside of Alamogordo, NM on the way to Phoenix, AZ after the 2004 Roswell New Beetle Weekend.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Right on! I bet you get a lot of comments along the way! :bigthumb:

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We get quite a few compliments and inquiries whenever we tow the Yuppie. Even more so when we towed our pop-up camper to California and back with the NB back in 2000. There were a ton of "double takes" on the highway and when we pulled into campgrounds. And the looks were doubled because there were two NB's in our group with identical pop-ups.:D

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated Photos as of 4-5-08

New wheels and tires as of today. A set of Color Concept "Sunset" wheels and Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, size 225-45-17.

Attachments

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple more.....

Attachments

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the engine cover....

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
nice new shoes...:)

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've only driven about 10 miles on them but they feel pretty good so far. Very little rolling resistance so I'm hoping the MPG will improve.

Our 16 year old son says the wheels are "tight." I think that means he likes them....:D

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, wasn't us. But I would like to visit West Virginia someday!!!

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
September 2011 Update

September 3, 1998 was "Key Lime's" adoption day. 1998 to 2011 is 13 years!!! Holy Crap! And, the odometer just clicked over to 100,000 miles the other day.

Knock on wood - the car is still running well but the CEL is on and the EGR valve and secondary air pump need to be replaced.

I can just barely remember the day in March, 1996 when we went to the dealer and placed our deposit......:D

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
I'm curios; have you had any major problems with your beetle... all this time? She looks very well taken care of... I think we all have had to work on the secondary injection system at one time or another! Let us know... always interested in other NB owners experiences have been! :) I know for myself; it has taken a real emotional and financial dedication to these cars to keep them on the road and running like they should! :)

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
Hi Kirk!!! :wave2: it was nice meeting you Sunday :cool:

Just wondering, where did you get the paint for your engine cover?? I bought lime green paint for mine and don't get me wrong, I like how it turned out but I would LOVE if I could paint it cyber green instead, I think it would give it a better look

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just wondering, where did you get the paint for your engine cover?? I bought lime green paint for mine and don't get me wrong, I like how it turned out but I would LOVE if I could paint it cyber green instead, I think it would give it a better look
Touch-up paint in spray cans: I've had excellent luck with this place:
Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Touchup Paint Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup | 888-710-5192

Remember to order the base color and the clear coat.

Good luck and congrats on your trophy at VW-FEST!!!:D

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts