NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ylello
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is seeing people do "punch buggy" when you go by :D

It's happened two times to me this week, and it made me laugh.

I also made a couple random people smile at me. It's the happy yellow color, you just can't help yourself. I feel like I am driving around spreading sunshine.

Yes I realize how weird that sounds, but I am sure most of you get it.

I can't believe I have waited this long to get a beetle, but it was very worth the wait. :banana:

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
I work in fast food at Taco Johns, and I like to park by the drive thru lane. I have had people tell us at the window that they "Slug Bugged" their kids or the got "Slug Bugged." I was thinking about making a magnet for my car by the drive thru that says "Slug Bug!"

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's amusing, but understand the power you hold.
I pulled up at a light next to a packed school bus- and set off what appeared to be a gang fight.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I pulled up at a light next to a packed school bus- and set off what appeared to be a gang fight.
Thats my favorite beetle moment...especially with a school bus. My car encourages violence...i need that on a decal :D

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
My husband and his roommate freshman year in college would play that all the time. Whenever I would visit campus, hubby would always win since he knew where I parked my car...he could call it as soon as they got outside the dorm :lol:

I watched one girl nail her friend in the arm pretty hard one day on campus a few years ago. I laughed, but also felt bad for the friend...I bet she had a bruise after that one!

Don't get that anymore with my GTI obviously, but because its a special edition car, I get lots of other compliments and head nods while driving :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
My personal favorite moment since owning my bug was to watch a kid walking on the sidewalk as I drove by and he proceeded to punch himself in the arm because there was nobody else around...I think my wife and I laughed the whole way home...:D

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
Why haven't I driven by a school yet! :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Autoguide

·
Owner of Puffy
144 Posts
my car is parked close enough to a main road that all of the school buses travel on.

Cool thing about driving a NB is that they are one of a kind, you don't see any other cars the same shape and style, and they look like happy cars, I do get compliments and people looking.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
If you really want to have some fun........

Join us at the Fifth Annual Tail of the Dragon New Beetle get together in May in Bryson City North Carolina.

Sure it's a bit of a drive, but to see the faces of the locals in the small towns we drive through when 50+ bugs roll through is priceless. It's almost as much fun as driving the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles) itself!

Good food, Great people and an AMAZING drive through the mountains that will show you just what your little round car can do.

Check out the TOD thread under events and announcements. You will see why this is the most anticipated New Beetle event in North America just a couple hundred miles away from you.

Chuckie

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Join us at the Fifth Annual Tail of the Dragon New Beetle get together in May in Bryson City North Carolina.

Sure it's a bit of a drive, but to see the faces of the locals in the small towns we drive through when 50+ bugs roll through is priceless. It's almost as much fun as driving the Dragon (318 turns in 11 miles) itself!

Good food, Great people and an AMAZING drive through the mountains that will show you just what your little round car can do.

Check out the TOD thread under events and announcements. You will see why this is the most anticipated New Beetle event in North America just a couple hundred miles away from you.

Chuckie
I totally concur with Chuckie! it is absolutely worth the drive. we've had folks from as far as California join us for TOD.

TOD will definitely take your beetle passion and multiply it times 1000.

hope to see you all there!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I totally concur with Chuckie! it is absolutely worth the drive. we've had folks from as far as California join us for TOD.

TOD will definitely take your beetle passion and multiply it times 1000.

hope to see you all there!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App
I know it'll be great seeing all those punches flying around when the mass of Beatles drive by

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts