NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this terrible site at Harry's U Pull It in Hazelton Pa. I know I've seen this car at a car show or two . It's a victim of a roll over to the driver side. Anyone have the story? Oops I can't attach from my phone, I'll post pic in just a bit...

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
That is a sad demise of a Color Concept. I would dare to say, though, that those seats are pretty trashed. :(

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Oh man! Color concept seats!!!! It's worth getting those seats out of!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

That is a sad demise of a Color Concept. I would dare to say, though, that those seats are pretty trashed. :(
from what I'm seeing, looks like the seats are salvageable. definitely worth looking into a little deeper. A good cleaning, you could put the seats and make a decent little profit.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
Doesn't take long for them to get pillaged at Harry's in Hazleton...I went there last spring and there was a blue one stripped beyond belief

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were ripped in the red section passenger seat and the axles were laying on them sad state of condition. Are these seats heated btw? Did they have the airbag in the color concept seats, didnt see the label

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
Yes, they're heated sport seats. The best. And, yes, airbags. Too bad they were trashed. They could have been re-purposed. :(

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
from what I'm seeing, looks like the seats are salvageable. definitely worth looking into a little deeper. A good cleaning, you could put the seats and make a decent little profit.
The only caution I'd point out is that in rough collisions, the backrests can twist. Granted if they were, and one had a set of good (junk) seats, they can be fixed yes.

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
The only caution I'd point out is that in rough collisions, the backrests can twist. Granted if they were, and one had a set of good (junk) seats, they can be fixed yes.
Yeah, I noticed your post right after I posted mine. I never thought about the seats possibly being bent :eek:.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Yeah, I noticed your post right after I posted mine. I never thought about the seats possibly being bent :eek:.
Neither did I until it happened to my '00. It was... quite visible, to say the least. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I returned to the car to find the seats still there so I brought them home. 66 bucks total cost for the front and backs. The red material is mega shot but I'm going to have them done in platinum grey or silver for my silver nb , haven't decided yet

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I returned to the car to find the seats still there so I brought them home. 66 bucks total cost for the front and backs. The red material is mega shot but I'm going to have them done in platinum grey or silver for my silver nb , haven't decided yet
That's awesome! Can't wait to see what you do to them!

·
Super Moderator
20,854 Posts
If you need someone to do your seats, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND fellow orger Timmy, screen name Bugshop. He did Cup's custom interior. I removed the seat covers, UPS'd them to hin (lives in SC) He did the work per my instructions to perfection. He's good people too.

you can see the work on Cup's seats on her photo thread.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts