VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 BEETLE 2.0, MANUAL TRANS...
Hello All;
My Bug has bugs. Strange electrical issues..(AT TIMES). Open passenger door and the hazards start flashing. They will flash 7-12 times and stop. The side marker lights and head/tail lights flash when this occurs. Months ago, I removed the Hazard Flasher fuse from fuse panel and have never reinstalled it!!
While driving, sometimes the Hazards will start flashing on the instrument panel with chimes and the interior lights will also flash. (Please note that when this happens there are no exterior lights flashing at all!!)
Interior lights do not come on when drivers door opens.
Recently the doors have stopped locking automatically when speed hits 10 plus miles per hour. This occurred on the same day that the doors stopped unlocking when ignition key is removed from steering column.
None of these issues have caused the Engine to fail, nor the performance... LUCKY ME.
I know it seems to be a ground problem somewhere but have failed to locate it.
This is enough for now as there is more, but the post is getting too long.
Thanks in advance to whomever responds..... DUG

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
grounding wires

check your grounding wires especially the Negative thick wire that starts at the Battery and connects to the car's chassis under the battery tray. There is another ground mounted behind the left headlight. There is another mounted to the engine somewhere's at the tranny I believe.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts