NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.0 Beetle to 1.8T Bettle (Almost Turbo S :p) Ill keep on updating this thread as we do new things and such... & Maybe some DIYs for everyone...

But here is the car....

First Started With The Engine Swap:

K04 Turbo, 3 inch D.P

The engine swap is easy if you have a couple people to help out even a engine hoist... We just used a chain on a beam in my garage.. It's not too hard take the bolts holding trans and engine but make sure it's supported before.. You must have the entire front off of the beetle to get the engine out.. It's a tight fit... Pretty much it's simple as long as you already have a ME7 Beetle... You won't have to touch any wiring what so ever... Just swap the ECU with a 1.8T IMMO Deleted ECU or with the same cluster and key set if you want to make it harder on your self.. Then just route the new 1.8t engine harness towards the ecu and plug both your old and new ecu connectors and you will be good to go.. It will take a couple days and it's way cheaper and cooler than selling your car and buying a 1.8t.. You can even swap your auto to manual, as long as you have the parts..

We did some body work on our vortex beetle kit using polyflex... Just make sure you use some plastic from a donor bumper. It will make your life easier...

I got to paint this with my new air gun soon as hotter days come.. Its been raining like everyday lately. We also got three sets of wheels..:rolleyes: Porsche Twists & Monoblocks.. In progress.. Lots to do!

Well since all this the infamous Alternator cable and battery fuse box melted... So I replaced the cable and the alternator but a lot more parts than just those.. This will be included in Part 2 Below...

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Part 2: Of Jersey Beetle Thread

Well after that mess.. We found some interesting deals and random items on E-bay.. Turbo S Parts, Even OEM Red Leather Seat Covers... Here is Part 2 of the mods...

I decided to get the Smooth AGN Non-Turbo European 1.8t Valve Cover... Tapped it using a 1/2 NPT to 10AN.. I'm using a Saikou Michi Catch Can With Braided Hoses...

10AN Braided Hoses With Integrated Engineering Machined Oil Breather Plug...

Polished ABD Racing Intake Manifold

Now after it all put back together.. Make sure you use a Power Gasket PLUS by New-south the newer one is proven to keep your intake temps lower and after taking it for a drive today it was cooler than usual... Make sure you use a torque wrench for the valve cover gasket, spark plugs, and manifolds... Also when doing coolant system work make sure you bleed the head by taking the top hose off the coolant bottle to get rid of coolant pockets... Use a Bentley if you have any question or even I'm in the process of making a website so people can ask me questions.. Just ask me on here if you want..

Before

After

In the next part I'll be including interior work and other random things... Thanks For Looking :thup:

·
treiber gefunden
882 Posts
Cool btl, where in Jersey R U located?
Can't wait 2 c more pics:D

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part 3: Of Jersey Beetle Thread

If you can find leather covers somewhere you can turn your cloth seats into leather but you will have no heaters unless you retro fit them... It's a PIA but you can get it done with a help of a couple friends...

We also got a black carpet and painted the center console so we had to take out Everything!. We also found a Color Edition Beetle Rear Door Cards and OEM Red Leather on ebay.. Even a Turbo S Glovebox For our interior swap..

Here is a picture of the swapped leather seat covers with the painted interior/swap...

EDIT: Can't find it right now but Ill post it when I do :confused:

This is the next project.. Bye K04.. Hello Big Turbo! And Manual Trans!

More to Come Soon!

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some iPhone pictures of the interior.. I plan on uploading some more when I can find my real camera....

I got to paint that trunk piece but I plan on swapping a Turbo S rear hatch with the wing and shaved :D

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I got to paint that trunk piece but I plan on swapping a Turbo S rear hatch with the wing and shaved
The TS uses the same rear hatch as any other Turbo NB.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
love the seat covers! where did you get them?
Fantastic Build so far!
They were on E-Bay some random person was selling OEM Red Leather beetle ones.. It was really simple to install but time consuming but keep searching on ebay for them they will show up again eventually..

The TS uses the same rear hatch as any other Turbo NB.
This beetle doesn't have the retractable wing so were going to retrofit it and paint that hatch piece black..This was was a 2.0 Grey Cloth Interior...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts