NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , Ever want to fix your plug with one (or parts) from another car? I have the solution that Mr Bentley wont tell you......

pic 1 = I'm using parts from this plug I got from a junkyard

pic 2 = First remove this black piece by carefully prying the wings away and pull it straight up and off like shown (there are four anchor points)

pic 3 = The green piece will come off by prying one ear and rotating to the side

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok here is the tricky part, this is where I broke a few till I came up with the solution, this one is already broke but I am just after the door anyway

pic 1 = See this orange protrusion in the window? there is another 180 degrees from it, they are what we need to defeat. DON'T push them.

pic 2 and 3 = use a channel lock pliers to squeeze and distort the body at this location - SLIGHTLY - Do this by rotating the channel locks 180 degrees evenly open a slight gap

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The orange ring is wiggled out by squeezing the orange tang slightly and tilting it through one side of the hole and for the other side you need a pry tool. the ring and cap will come out together, if it gives you trouble I have a trick that I will give you in the following post

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To get the cap off the ring I had to use a trick that I want to pass to everyone. A lot of the broken plastic tabs can be curbed by applying a small amount of heat from a heat gun. In this very case I was able to make the ring a bit more flexible in order to gain my prize. I did need a bit of help from a push tool though. That's it gang !!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts