NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give it two thumbs up. If you like LORD OF THE RING films, yet you think they are too long, then this is the film for you.

Having not read the books in over twenty years, I thought it was fine. Fast paced, but fine.

My wife, the NARNIA GEEK (she reads the whole series at least once a year), loved the film, although she thought it left some important bits out...

Over all, a great way to spend two and a half hours.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
My parents and I have tickets for tomorrow. Yea! I've been waiting all weekend and it's been driving me crazy because we live right next to a theater!!!! UGH! The fun thing about living next to a movie theater is all the NBs I get to tag in the parking lot. Hehehehe.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I had tickets to see Narnia on Saturday for a 7:15 showing. However at 5:00 just as our babysitter showed up, our son decided to throw up all over the baby sitter, then me, then my wife.

Needless to say I ended up going back to the theatre and getting a refund. They were very quick to help me get a refund, seeing as I was a little frazzled..

Maybe being covered in vomit helpped..

Now I dont know when I'll be able to see it, as the next few weeks will be too full of christmasy good times..

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Already seen it twice - it is excellent! :)

Some bozo from Walt Disney was interviewed and asked about the Christian theme of the Narnia books and he said something like "I don't believe it is a Christian story...". Did anyone see this? I got it from hearsay.

Geez. I see another Southern Baptist Convention boycott of Walt Disney on the horizon....

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Warning - Spoilers ahead!! :)

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!:warmfuzi: It was very hard for me not to start crying when the evil Witch killed Aslan and when He came back to life. I especially liked how they included the smallest details from the book i.e. the dead fly(or whatever it was)in the spare room when Lucy first walked in. The Beavers were very cute and all the creatures were life like too. The killing of Aslan was so powerful, because to me I saw Jesus there, willing to take my place. SOB!!

TJ, what important stuff did your wife think they left out? I was trying to think of something, but I can't right now. CrazyJames, I hope your son is feeling better. I hate getting thrown up on because of the smell(only happened once, YUCK)

Cori

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CoriBug said:
TJ, what important stuff did your wife think they left out? I was trying to think of something, but I can't right now.
Cori
That is like asking me, what would be my Fab Fave thing about the Beatles...the list is long.

I will ask her to jot down what she meant, and pass it on...

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Ok, I'd be interested to know what she observed. The big things they changed, like Edmund breaking the window instead of Mrs. McCready bringing visitors through the house and Mr Tumnus and Edmund meeting in the prison, I think, were changed just to speed things along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts