VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 Beetle Convertible GLS 5speed turbo with 117k on it for my wife. Happy Wife Happy Life.... (I guess)

We replaced my rock solid workhorse 2002 Jetta GLS TDI that we have owned since 2005. My wife has always wanted a convertible so that is why we chose this car. the TDI was totaled 2 weeks ago. We also have been members of Fred's TDI Page. TDIClub.com. VW TDI Enthusiast Community since 2006 which has helped us at every corner with our previous VW. Where to take it, who to ask, we even Hosted several TDICLUB GTG's (get together's).

This car is beautiful and fun to drive and gets a lot of attention. It does have gremlins though. a/c worked and now does not, 1st gear is hard to find sometimes. The trunk won't open any more without reaching in and pulling the emergency handle from the back seat. I will tackle the issues one at a time starting with trunk then maybe changing tranny gear oil.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
WELCOME from Tennessee!
Congrats on your new beetle vert adoption......a little TLC goes a long way.

Glad you found us

:D

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
I'm in Portland, too! We Must GTG!!!

I use Double J Motorwerks, up on NE 122nd, near Airport WY.

They are the best! If you haven't heard of them, get to know them!

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible!!! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to a GTG in PDX at Fixum Haus on Lombard. it's a TDI club event but they are awasome people. 8/23 time it 9-whenever. I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts