NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this in the hot section because I know no one wants to hear this, but I have to get this off my chest.

I blame mostly the news media for this, bit the way everyone eats it up and regurgitates it isnt helping the real problem with the fact that there are so many horrible acts going on in this country lately.

The problem is, the sick minds that do this, are looking for the national attention. They know that the whole country is going to be talking about them for weeks. AND THAT'S WHY THEY DO THIS! Doesn't that bother anyone else but me?

First off, these should be kept local matters. Yes, everyone has a right to know, but after everyone knows, the news needs to be scaled back down to only the people who are affected by it should have minute by the minute updates. If you are affected by one of these sick attention whores, I do feel sorry for you and hope the best for you.

But then you say, what about gun control? Yeah? What about it? If the individual didn't have access to a firearm, do you think there wouldn't have still been the intent? Tue weapon shouldn't be the main concern. With such ill intent, anything would have gotten the same effect. If you are the kind of person who thinks guns shold be outlawed, then go fight to outlaw knives, crowbars, bats, or every single sharp or blunt object. That's still not going to keep someone from hurting or killing someone else if they still have the intent.

If you have the need to say something about it, thats fine, get it off your chest and be done with it. If you feel compelled to pray for the victims and thier families, I'm 100% for that, but that's something between you and your god. That's not something the whole world needs to know.

Stop feeding these type of people the attention they seek. It's only going to make things worse.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I totally agree here. I had to get off FB yesterday, I couldn't decide if people feeling the need to broadcast their prayers or bringing politics into it so early was more annoying.

Not saying it's wrong to pray for the families, I just don't see why you need to blast it all over social media. Like you said, it's between them and their God. Everyone else I feel is just going for attention. It made me sad to think about all those kids that had their lives cut so short, and all the kids that will be traumatized by this.... but I didn't put it all over FB to be discussed. From the time this story first came out to now, the story has changed so many times I can't even count. First it was one guy, then it turns out said guy lives in NJ and it was his younger brother. The alleged shooter's mother first was a teacher at the school, then suddenly had nothing to do with the school. I can't keep track of all the details and frankly I've lost interest. The only thing about this story that hasn't changed is the body count.

And about the gun control...

For one, it infuriates me that it's even being brought up so early! This should be a time of mourning, not the time for a political debate!

But that said... I had to turn off CNN this morning I was so angry. They were discussing the weapons, and the news guy was asking the "gun expert" if these weapons were "normal" for someone to have. He said it wasn't "normal" but lots of people had guns. I'm terrible at explaining this, but it really was biased, and it sounded like anyone that has anything but a tiny underpowered gun must be capable of mass murder and must be stripped of their firearms. Well gee, I guess the world better watch out for me. Having 3 handguns, 2 shotguns, and 2 assault rifles must make me mentally unstable and a danger to society. Or how about it's just a hobby and some people actually enjoy just going out to the range on the weekends. Of course I hope I never have to use any of them on anyone for any reason. And actually all but one handgun and one shotgun are always locked up, except when we go out shooting. And you can bet if I had children of any age they'd ALL be locked up.

Sorry about the small rant, but that's something I feel strongly about. People kill people, not guns. If someone is THAT messed up in the head to want to kill children, like taking away everyone's guns is going to change that. They will find a way, even if they can't find a gun. Personally I'd rather be shot than stabbed to death or something, but that's beside the point. Sick people are not going to go away by eradicating firearms. End of story. :rant:

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, after sleeping it over I kinda though the gun rant wasn't totally needed here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. As long as the person who's responsible is dead or behind bars, the story has an end. Let the families involved finish their battle with this ordeal out of the public eye.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts