NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
741 - 760 of 2944 Posts

·
The dragon is watching U
771 Posts
Or maybe we can set him up front and he can be the "pace car". lol
Pace?? lol you don't want to keep my pace.:p I'll be in HJ a bit but will defiantly be making some runs in my GLI

As for the other forums... I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I just figured seeing we already have people coming from outside the forum or that do participate in the forum that a few more wouldn't matter but, I see thats not the case so I retract my question. I won't cross post or invite anyone else.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Pace?? lol you don't want to keep my pace.:p I'll be in HJ a bit but will defiantly be making some runs in my GLI

As for the other forums... I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I just figured seeing we already have people coming from outside the forum or that do participate in the forum that a few more wouldn't matter but, I see thats not the case so I retract my question. I won't cross post or invite anyone else.
You didn't ruffle any feathers! :D

Who's coming from outside the forum? :confused:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Maybe I'm mistaken - I thought this was exclusively for New Beetles.
Maybe... because I do believe when the idea of Wilky bringing his GLI was brought up for the last GTG, it was accepted without prejudice to the "squares".

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
You didn't ruffle any feathers! :D

Who's coming from outside the forum? :confused:
There were posts back a few pages about people who were at Roswell who are thinking of coming, but who aren't on the forum. So that would make it more of a nB thing, then just an .org thing.

·
18,312 Posts
There were posts back a few pages about people who were at Roswell who are thinking of coming, but who aren't on the forum. So that would make it more of a nB thing, then just an .org thing.
OK then...no biggie. I was just curious! I could care less what cars come and I was only teasing your husband. The only reason I said what I said was because that was the impression I was under. I wasn't saying I didn't want anyone from outside the .org to come. Usually .org gtgs are like family reunions. To talk to in person with the people you speak to almost daily but hardly ever get to see. That's how they used to be anyway, which is why I thought what I thought. Sorry if I was misunderstood and misunderstood.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
OK then...no biggie. I was just curious! I could care less what cars come and I was only teasing your husband. The only reason I said what I said was because that was the impression I was under. I wasn't saying I didn't want anyone from outside the .org to come. Usually .org gtgs are like family reunions. To talk to in person with the people you speak to almost daily but hardly ever get to see. That's how they used to be anyway, which is why I thought what I thought. Sorry if I was misunderstood and misunderstood.
No worries... I was just answering that question. LOL

·
18,312 Posts
No worries... I was just answering that question. LOL
Gotcha!

I guess the .org assumers have made me a little defensive over the years :eek: But I wasn't being nearly as defensive as I probably seemed :lol:

·
18,312 Posts
I think you should just move here, Marcia. You can transfer to JFK :p

·
Super Moderator
20,814 Posts
That sums up the form of the GTG pretty well Tamika:D. Yes, this is an newbeetle.org sponsored event, and all new beetles are welcome, even those non org nB's. We hope that some of the non org nB's will sign on with us. I was surprised to see so many non-org nB's in Roswell, still the org was strong not only it's representation, but in the award winning category. Some of the org winners were....

Sonnnel/ Evinina
Marvin's Dad/ Marvin
Casey/ Fiona
Tabitha/ Stella
Rob/ 03TurboS
I think i'm missing someone. Anyhoo you all get the point:p

I kinda feel Casey's passion on this though. Our nB's are often given the disrespect card in some VW show/GTG circles and even on the 'tex, which I do find kinda odd. I betcha the rabbit, when it first came out wasn't the prom queen in the eyes of the air-cooled crowd. It might take more time, but they'll come around- we're going nowhere, so they better get used to us:D.

It's pretty cool that something of this magnitude was formed just for New Beetles. It's nice to have something we can call our own. Even so, Wilky and his Square are welcome:p

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
I'll be driving mine. Ideally, I would like all four of mine to be there! :D
What? Beetle rentals? :wink:

Yes, this is an newbeetle.org sponsored event, and all new beetles are welcome, even those non org nB's.
Maybe I should put a flyer on some of my neighbors cars.... Last time i counted, there were 7 in my neighborhood....

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
If I may say something about "other cars" joining the ToD.
I do not mind at all if other cars participate (more people the merrier), although when taking photos while driving the scenic route or taking photos when parked, a square car will be the odd one out and kind of ruins the photo :eek:

Just my opinion, don't shoot me now or ban me from entering the States next year :scared:

·
Bugaholic
788 Posts
If I may say something about "other cars" joining the ToD.
I do not mind at all if other cars participate (more people the merrier), although when taking photos while driving the scenic route or taking photos when parked, a square car will be the odd one out and kind of ruins the photo :eek:

Just my opinion, don't shoot me now or ban me from entering the States next year :scared:
Not at all! This is exactly my opinion! Great minds think alike. ;)

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Those of you that were at my Stone Mountain GTG remember we had a few non-beetle squared VW's there. I'd say, as long as the "squares" dont' mind being the odd ones out, they are welcome. Just know that we'll want to take group pics of JUST the NB's and then we can add them in later as well. And they can have pics of JUST the squares if there are enough. I like the idea of having non-orgers coming to the event to. It makes the perfect opportunity to convert some of them! :D

741 - 760 of 2944 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.