NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
781 - 800 of 2944 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
It isn't a show for multi models for the same marque. It's a new beetle cruise and GTG, plain and simple. When I want to commune with Rabbits, R32's and Passat's, I'll attend a VW show and be happy to be dissed

I guess it's a "southeast" region sponsored event. My bad. You guys are SO on the ball.

sponsor -noun

1. a person who vouches or is responsible for a person or thing.
2. a person, firm, organization, etc., that finances and buys the time to broadcast a radio or television program so as to advertise a product, a political party, etc.
3. a person who makes a pledge or promise on behalf of another.
4. a person who answers for an infant at baptism, making the required professions and assuming responsibility for the child's religious upbringing; godfather or godmother.
Don't think the .org or any of it's areas are actually "sponsoring" anything. ;)

I get you on the "New Beetle" event. I still just think it's a shame. I know of a lot of the localers who attend various ToD gtgs. Mini, BMW, etc. While those are all a mostly one car or manufacturer, they welcome people of all different cars. And they have a great time with it.

I guess NB people aren't the friendly, open group we claim to be.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
Just heard from a long lost maiden voyage attendee

Confirmed with reservations
vwgary& Denise
scarabY2K & Val
marvins_dad & family
Harlequin Pixie/DannyRandomState
uwharrie & David
usa_bug_03
mybugrocks & Peter
salsa-man
hestersue
EvilinaDM101 & Joey
Warren & Lisa
SixChuter & Lona
Coribug & mom
beej & Maria
CyberGreenBaby & Vinny & Mazzzja
MichelleRoze & Matt
Lady Tonya, hubby & mom (Mary Carol)
williamadamsesq & Brenda
cameron_talley
Karen1963 & hubby ++ ??
RedThunder, cindysue182 & family
HwDoYuSlpAtNite & Wilky
dmbluebeetle
The New Ringo
w3dee & Herbie & little Herbie
mrchaotica & Nicolia
Daisy Bug
Steve_pnchbug/fl_bug
Raff & Susie (alternate lodging)
TeresaH & parents (alternate lodging)
Sully TDI & Patrice (probably Sleep Inn)

If I missed anyone who has already made a reservation please PM me so I can add you to the reserved list. Anyone else who does book, please PM me as well. Thanks
Akasha1963 ??
Kbelle & Pierre ??
Spoolin1.8t ??
D2Beetle & wife ??
punchbuggin99 & bf ??
TechnoTrix'd & family
Fowvay ??
Shay ??

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
Don't think the .org or any of it's areas are actually "sponsoring" anything. ;)

I get you on the "New Beetle" event. I still just think it's a shame. I know of a lot of the localers who attend various ToD gtgs. Mini, BMW, etc. While those are all a mostly one car or manufacturer, they welcome people of all different cars. And they have a great time with it.

I guess NB people aren't the friendly, open group we claim to be.
Exactly, one car for the ToD, the new beetle (with an exception here or there). After all this is the newbeetle.org that doesn't sponsor events.

And you're right, some are less friendly than others, but you have those in any crowd. For the most part we're ok.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
I always thought we were a pretty friendly group.
I'm hoping not to go down that route again Bob ;)
Do we have a marionette emoticon :D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #787
mea culpa !;)
Glad to see we're on the same page.:D

On a good note, Sully & Patrice will again join the ToD crew in 2K10 :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Exactly, one car for the ToD, the new beetle (with an exception here or there). After all this is the newbeetle.org that doesn't sponsor events.

And you're right, some are less friendly than others, but you have those in any crowd. For the most part we're ok.
Since i've retired my 2 cents are just my 2 cents. (1 cents USD)

If you wanted to claim that this event was sponsored by the .org common courtesy would state to ask the current owner/administrator.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
Since i've retired my 2 cents are just my 2 cents. (1 cents USD)

If you wanted to claim that this event was sponsored by the .org common courtesy would state to ask the current owner/administrator.
I asked for it to be removed from the flyer & T shirt artwork. When received by me, it'll be removed from the 1st page of this thread as well.

And since you've "retired", you're bringing up common courtesy?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I asked for it to be removed from the flyer & T shirt artwork. When received by me, it'll be removed from the 1st page of this thread as well.

And since you've "retired", you're bringing up common courtesy?:rolleyes:
Yup.

Got a point?

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
I have no problem removing the 'sponsored' moniker from all artwork. I thought since there was a thread up for the event, that it was in a sense, a sponsored event. But I see your point i guess- no biggie, glad to oblige:).

On another note....

I have been a member of this community for what seems like forever- and i'm glad of that:D. I think most of you know me well enough to know that if there's an issue that needs to be addressed to me, that you can come to me about it, such as the graphic work. Moreover, for the sake of org unity and betterment of this community, you can send it to me via PM. Yes, you can address it to me here, i have no problem with that:).

There's many point/counterpoint expressed here. And i do agree that, because some opinions were expressed here in a public forum, that the response should be expressed publicly. But for the betterment of the .org, we all need to know when to put the brakes on things and if anything, discuss further matters via PMs. We are now in 'beating the dead horse' territory. We're in a bar and they're many patrons inside. Many who have heard the discussion amongst a couple of people. Now the discussion has escalated and the points have been exhausted, and the bartender tells the few arguing to please take this outside. Please take this outside- the points have been made. Let us get this back to an enjoyable thread for a awesome event; even if there's a square in our midst. We will welcome the fellow dubber along; and this fellow dubber knows he's not an nB, but He will be added to the mix in an aesthetic fashion, with no bitterness towards him. Yes i'm talking about you Wilky:D. See you in May:)

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Well, these NB are newer renditions of the "Love Bug", there's lots of love going around. :D Can't wait for the ToD 2k10. So glad to here that Sully is gonna make it! Things are shaping up quite nicely and...Al I think its time for another countdown picture...I forgot how much time we have left.....

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Well, these NB are newer renditions of the "Love Bug", there's lots of love going around. :D Can't wait for the ToD 2k10. So glad to here that Sully is gonna make it! Things are shaping up quite nicely and...Al I think its time for another countdown picture...I forgot how much time we have left.....
I too am happy that Sully and Patrice will be in attendance. Val will be happy, knowing that her fellow 'Beetle Widow' will be there to commiserate with her:D.

I still wonder if those 2 mystery rooms at the Ridge Top are occupied by orgers? No, I don't want to know....i'm just saying...rhetorical, that's all, nothing else:)

Oh yeah.... just for you Michelle:lol:. And uh, I guess we're a little to early for weather reports:lol:

Attachments

·
The dragon is watching U
771 Posts
Guys, I'm really sorry for starting all this turmoil. I never meant for any of this arguing. I never intended for the GLI to be part of the "group" and knew full well that is is a new beetle event. I in fact planed on being in the NB for the actual group cruise with the Jetta sitting at the hotel. Shes coming because we're not staying just a couple days. we have reservations for a week. I will be tearing up the Tail in the GLI at other times. I look forward to seeing all the friends I made at the last TOD and all the new friends that I will make at the next one.:D.

As for the sponsored thing ... Uh oh well it's not a .org sponsored event... guess we should make sure we don't mention the org to any beetle owners that come up to us while we're there.:rolleyes:

Crazy James.... with all due respect....you know you just posted to piss Gary off so please, butt out.

BTW, I'm working on designing Some Bugs on the tail stickers like the dragon or Roswell stickers, for the next one and probably have some whipped up for those that attended the first one too.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Crazy James.... with all due respect....you know you just posted to piss Gary off so please, butt out.
I posted because i can.

I also posted because it is considered common courtesy to ask someone for their "sponsorship" in any form, for any event.

Would you claim that the ToD was sponsored by Coca Cola or some other random thing and then get pissed off that they come back and say "hey we didnt know about it?".

Its a free world, deal with it.

781 - 800 of 2944 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.