NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
801 - 820 of 2944 Posts

·
OG Black and Pink
3,446 Posts
Hey.....Wow! I haven't posted too much on here in a while...:eek:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Nametag artwork will also be updated.

For the non Org members that need nametags, if someone would kindly get there info and pictures for me, I will also make their badges.

Hmm I think that's it from me! Can't wait to start working this!

Is it May yet?! :crazy:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #803
Hey.....Wow! I haven't posted too much on here in a while...:eek:

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Nametag artwork will also be updated.

For the non Org members that need nametags, if someone would kindly get there info and pictures for me, I will also make their badges.

Hmm I think that's it from me! Can't wait to start working this!

Is it May yet?! :crazy:
Looking forward to them. :D Hopefully I can get a decent pic of ours at Al's St Augustine GTG next month :cool:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I posted because i can.
Its a free world, deal with it.
:thumbsdn:

:blahblah:

I like what Al said. I say we ignore any negativity that comes up in this thread, that leads to drama or hurt feelings or whatever, and takes away from what we are all here for. I refuse to let anyone make anything about the TOD a bad experience.
Period.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #806
:thumbsdn:

:blahblah:

I like what Al said. I say we ignore any negativity that comes up in this thread, that leads to drama or hurt feelings or whatever, and takes away from what we are all here for. I refuse to let anyone make anything about the TOD a bad experience.
Period.
I'm in total agreement folks :) It appears the only negativity posted to this thread is from people who won't be attending anyway. I'm all for ignoring them ;)

Checking out the stickers Steve :D

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
So Gary, i see you're digging the deacls Steve made, like I am. Dude has some skills....who knew:dunno::D
He can't have all of the credit... I did at least half of it. :cry::rotfl:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Don't worry Tamika, we know you did ALL the work. Wilky is just putting his name on it. Women always do all the work! ;) :goodjob:
LMAO
Yeah... what she said. :D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
They're gonna be another great piece of ToD memorabilia. Way:cool:

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #814

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Just for that your sticker will be $500:p
:rotfl: Nice:lol:

They're gonna be another great piece of ToD memorabilia. Way:cool:
Indeed.

To all the new folks joining in on the TOD.....
you're really gonna enjoy yourselves! A good number of us for the Maiden Voyage, like many here, never met. You'll find that all of the TOD veterans (funny that we're vets only one year in:lol: kidding:p) are a good bunch of people and not only enjoy the new beetle experience, but enjoy making new friends. If you haven't noticed by now, from the past few posts, we've developed a good repoire with one another and are excited that we'll be not only meeting you, but forging new friendships.

Again, props can't be given enough. Thanks to the Founders of the TOD New Beetle Cruise.

vwGary and Bob/Raff

I remember at the beginning of '09, Gary's user title was "8 GTG's in '09".... or was it 9 in '09:lol:. Either way, Gary expressed a passion to get the new beetle people together as much as possible. It started with the "Meet and Eats" GTG. the passion from there accelerated and ideas were running rampant as what would be the next GTG. Next MichelleRoze jumped into the fray and hosted an awesome Stone Mountain GA GTG. I believe it was in the midst of Michelle planning her Stone Mountian GTG, that Bob/Raff suggested checking out the Tail Of The Dragon. From there Gary and Bob ran with it- maps of the Skyway, where to lodge, activities and the travel plan; all of it was coming together. Gary was gracious to let me be the quasi-resident artist, swag merchandiser and TOD pimp, er....i mean TOD bumper/promoter:eek:. And we can't forget Michelle with her daily weather reports, which added to the anticipation and a fun element. Sure we could've used weather.com but Michelle's approach make it more personal.

The excitement of the soon to come Dragon Cruise was more than we could stand. We were so looking forward to not only taming a road of well renown (Winding Road magazine's must drive roads and of movie fame) but seeing other new beetles and those who shared the same passion. The rarity of a New Beetle-only event added to the excitement. Hopes were sparked that the ToD would be an nB event such as Roswell, NBeast, Berea and the Texas New Beetle Roundup.

The magnitude of the ToD was realized the moment we all gathered on day one: Friday, May 8th, 2009. nB owners gathered from states such as Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan, Tennessee, Virgina, and as far west as Oklahoma; a member at the time new to newbeele.org- John and His lovely wife, Llona. An instant bond was formed amongst the New Beetle faithful at the Ridge Top Motel and at pizza night (as soon as the GA/FL caravan arrived:lol:)

I could go on about the event, especially the actual Cruise. From the drive downtown and the townspeople gawking at the train of beetles, to the scenic drive to Robbinsville, where we met up with Tom (D2Beetle) and Anne to the drive through the foggy Cherohala Skyway, where yours truly was abducted in the fog and mysteriously vanished from the rest of the bugavan with a safe reunion. To the major downpour at lunch but clearing up (as Michelle predicted) in time for us to hit 318 curves in 11 miles...SR129... The Tail Of The Dragon. And lets not forget the deer running through the yard, stopped to look at us, and proceeded to scamper across the front yard of the mountain residents. So many more details woven into the weekend we called "The Tail Of The Dragon- New Beetle Cruise.

The departure was bittersweet. Sad to leave the company of new friends, new beetles and the quest that we conquered, but happy that we did the aforementioned and knowing that next year, Lord willing, we'll meet again and the beauty part.... We'll have many more orgers (and non-orgers) to meet, friendships that will be forged, new beetles to be appreciated and an old rival- a friend if you will, that must be tamed again. She's route 129.... The tail Of the Dragon!

And now we're roughly 9 months away from what is now being considered a must-attend event. The ground swell of TOD2k10 has gone beyond expectations. With fevered contributions and suggestions from the orgers, such as merchandising, artwork, video work, activities and so much more, the TOD2k10 had become a Euroclydon of mass scale. This event, started in the forums of the org has become an New Beetle event that transcends the confines of newbeetle.org and has reached many non-org new beetle owners as well. Their presence is warmly welcome and we're more than excited to have them joining their fellow new beetle enthusiasts. I hope that Earl (cueball) of Roswell legend will be in attendance. Of only meeting him once, i've come to admire him greatly and His story will inspire any man.

And for all of this, we have VW Gary and Bob/Raff to thank. The founders (the chairman if you will) of the TOD-New Beetle Cruise. I know, I know... As you've said before Gary, it's the people and the love for our cars that make this event- you're too modest, but man, you and Bob did good:bigthumb:

·
TOD Maiden Voyager
1,582 Posts
:DThanks for the kind words - but - the ToD is really about all the wonderful NB enthusiasts and our common bond of ownership.

Can't wait to do it again.

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Dang I'm tempted reference earlier posts ;)
But it's all fun :D
You don't have to go back far. I was talking about the girls (Michelle and Tamika) razzing us men folk:lol: They know us mens (yeah, i said mens... i know it's bad english...sue me:p) got it goin' on:cool:

We're gonna have some fun in about 9 months. Gary I guess after me posting what I just did, you might have to run interference for me, ya know... protect me from the women folk:lol:

Gotta love the fun here..... is it May yet?:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
:DThanks for the kind words - but - the ToD is really about all the wonderful NB enthusiasts and our common bond of ownership.

Can't wait to do it again.
True enough my good man. But i'm gonna have to get them modest pills out of your medicine cabinet:). Hey it's all good, I know where you're coming from and do agree. Still thanks for being a catalyst :wave2:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #820
So eloquently put Al. We're looking forward to many more ToD's.
And just a few pics to bring back memories and pique interest :cool:

Attachments

801 - 820 of 2944 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.