NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
821 - 840 of 2944 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I want to thank all 3 of you guys. The last 6 months has been an amazing time in our lives and you guys don't realize what a trigger the maiden ToD trip was for us. If you had told me 6 months ago that by the middle part of September 2009 we will have traveled to the ToD, Roswell NM and South Dakota/Wyoming, I would have recommended you be committed. We waited until late in life to discover the joy of road-tripping but we have definitely figured it out. I just want to thank all the ToD friends we met a few months ago.....thanks for helping us find our way. :)

Is it May yet?

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
What a great speech Al. That truly sums up the ToD Maiden Voyage. I couldn't believe so much fun could be had in one weekend.

Matt used to think I was crazy (and so many other people still do) that I would get together with people I didn't know. People who shared the same love for the New Beetle as me. Other people maybe a bit more enthusiastic than me. He thought I was silly for the Stone Mountain get together. But even there, we we just really showed off cars and chatted, fun was had. I never realized how much fun I could have with people I didn't know. Then it was time for the ToD. I ran into a lot of last minute issues with Probie, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. Matt wasn't as gung-ho as I was (yet). But once we met up with the Ga/Fl carabug, I could tell he was beginning to feel it. The "bug" had bit him already. Once we finally arrived (we'll be earlier this next time...promise!) I think he was amazed at how many people had come together to share in this great adventure. People as far away as Michigan, Oklahoma, Virginia..etc. People who drove several hours to get there, just to drive more...then drive home! The weekend proved to be a great adventure. Even though I never let Matt drive (I do feel a little bit guilty about that...only a little) he still had a great time. He's not even here on the .org and I think, like Val and others, he's an "honorary member". He now knows who I talk about, when I talk about them. He's even gone so far now as to join me at a TDIclub.com GTG. I think to any outsider, it's amazing to see friendships form, across the nation, by one little bug. I can tell you, I love my TDI guys, but I don't spend near as much time building friendships with them, as I do you guys.

In a way, I love the friendships, I feel like if I were to travel the nation, I would have a friend in every state. :) And while that is great, I still wish ya'll didn't live so far away. So I'm glad that everyone here is as crazy as I am, willing to drive, even to spend just a few hours with an old friend. And I look forward to 2k10 ToD. To build more friendships, to have another fantastic weekend that I'll never forget, and to just feel....normal (in a strange/crazy way!)

Thanks guys for being the best! Looking forward to getting closer to the event so I can start posting weather reports again. :) I'll go hijack the St. Augustine thread until then! :D

And, you guys are more than friends....more like extended family! :heart:

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
the sentiments are echoed here Michelle:)

You make a awesome/funny/cool point. We drove hours to an event where we drive some more, then drive many hours to get back home... How cool is that:)

I think that quote is worthy of the quote of the year thread:rolleyes:

And hijack the St. Auggie thread all you want. Your hookup with the Big Weather Guy is appreciated:wink:

·
JYD, Peppy Pepper, Rico,
596 Posts
AW how sweet !!

Michelle and John,

You make me feel Like a girl, I was so moved to read your last two post. I feel the same way, I cant wait to see those I met again from Roswell, and those I have not yet met, I cant wait to meet you. These events are nothing short of awsome. I never figured I would buy a beetle much less love the beetle. I have never look forward to meeting strangers in a strange place. SO I can say

I SECOND THAT EMOTION !!!

Miss you all...

Marc :)

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
WHOA!!:confused: Who's preggers and is giving birth at the ToD? :lol: :wink:
Oh my:lol: No, the ToD is in about 9..... Ah, Shonnel... you know what i'm talking about:lol: Oh, my bad.... maybe you and Joe to the E have some news to share:wink:

In other news...

Bought me my first paair of Sketchers Friday. Saw them online and I had to have them. They're called "Resolute". They're pretty cool. I didn't notice online that there was a pattern on the side of them. Guess what that pattern was.... i'm sure you' all will figure it out:wink: Ah, what the heck. Here's the pic. you might be able to recognize the design.

BTW the design is a dragon. If it weren't for the dragon, i wouldn't have wasted space on this thread for a steenkeeen shoe:D

Attachments

·
OG Black and Pink
3,446 Posts
On a more serious note....

I am sad that Evilina, Joey and myself didn't make it out for the Maiden Voyage. :(

Actually when we went to Roswell, that was kind of like our jump back into the org. Life can be busy at times and you find yourself too wrapped up and living in a routine or life throws some serious curveballs and you find yourself in a fog with no foglights, and then a light appears and you realize its your Beetle trying to tell you to stop and ask yourself what is it all for?? I should know, it happened to me. BUT I have seen the Beetle light again and found myself back "home". Roswell was a great experince and to be honest, I miss it terribly!! I met many AWESOME people there for the FIRST time and it was GREAT!! It was too much fun being in company of people that share the same love as you do!

ToD 2K10 is gonna be EPIC!!! Seeing familiar faces and meeting some new ones and even traveling across country with some :D. This is going to be one heck of an adventure and honestly I'm already sad to think about the Sunday after the GTG. BUT I am not talking about that now. As Michelle, Al and others have said, you guys are really like an extended family and it has been GREAT!

GAH!! Is it May yet?!:detonate:

·
OG Black and Pink
3,446 Posts
Oh my:lol: No, the ToD is in about 9..... Ah, Shonnel... you know what i'm talking about:lol: Oh, my bad.... maybe you and Joe to the E have some news to share:wink:

In other news...

Bought me my first paair of Sketchers Friday. Saw them online and I had to have them. They're called "Resolute". They're pretty cool. I didn't notice online that there was a pattern on the side of them. Guess what that pattern was.... i'm sure you' all will figure it out:wink: Ah, what the heck. Here's the pic. you might be able to recognize the design.

First off, that would be a BIG Ole NEGATIVE for the baby train at this moment and time.

And nice shoes Al :D

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
WHOA!!:confused: Who's preggers and is giving birth at the ToD? :lol: :wink:
How cool would that be? An official .org baby! I'll get right on that! And if I have a boy I'll name him Bryson. :lol:
Or Dragon! :ha: Or Ridge. Hmmmm....
:gotme:

·
4,854 Posts
How cool would that be? An official .org baby! I'll get right on that! And if I have a boy I'll name him Bryson. :lol:

HAHA Love it! Bryson would be pretty sweet! Or if it's a girl you could name her Robin for Robbinsville :)

·
The dragon is watching U
771 Posts
What about Draco (another way of saying dragon) you better start banging out the details now because your out of time if you don't. :D

·
18,312 Posts
What about Draco (another way of saying dragon) you better start banging out the details now because your out of time if you don't. :D
:ha:

·
18,312 Posts
Hmm.. Bryson Draco DeMaio.. it's got a ring to it. lol

Bryson "The Dragon" DeMaio.. hmm. perhaps if he was a hitman or a prize fighter..?
Sadly, he won't make it far in La Cosa Nostra. He'll only be 1/2 Italian so he'll never be a "Made Man". I guess I better get him a baby punching bag :D

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
sadly, he won't make it far in la cosa nostra. He'll only be 1/2 italian so he'll never be a "made man". I guess i better get him a baby punching bag :d

lol

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
HAHA Love it! Bryson would be pretty sweet! Or if it's a girl you could name her Robin for Robbinsville :)
Bryson actually sounds pretty cool.... I like it:D

I think we've gone full circle:lol:. Weren't you saying something like this in reference to your room at the Ridge Top for the maiden voyage, Hmmmmmmm. It was pretty funny too. Somebody's got to dig that quote up.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Yea! I missed all the drama!

BTW - I think "sponsor" was just a term used...the birth of the get together occurred on the Org...almost all the maiden voyage were Org folk. So maybe the proper terminology should have been "An Org Get together" instead of the "S" word.
Just thought I would get a lick in on that horse...he looked like he was starting to breath again.:p

I got a couple emails from the Godfather of the New Beetle - Earl. He said that he is planning on making the ToD with the OFF Crew - Bugman (Jerry) and possibly Mike, Luke, Bobby, Ray and Lisa Herr. If those guys make it, man - they will be some great custom new beetles for all to check out. Cueball is going through some radical engine upgrades right now.

I think the OFF club is trying to go to the Tail of the Dragon thing. I am going to drive out to meet up with Jerry in Columbus Ohio. I think that Mike Levy is coming with me and maybe Luke Hall. We will pick up Ray Townsend on the way out and maybe Bobby Ferrill. Jerry wants to leave Ohio a few days before the week end so we can explore a little on the way down to North Carolina. I will leave from the Tail and go the south way back with Ray and some of the gang. Stop in and see my brother in San Antonio.

·
4,854 Posts
sweeet i love custom beetles, they will be my inspiration! This will be the bestest of the best get togethers EVER! Can't wait!

Is it May yet?

Is it May Yet?

IS IT MAY YET?!?!

821 - 840 of 2944 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.