NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21941 - 21960 of 23957 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
This is where the .org needs an "I friggin' LOVE IT" button.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
I'm sure that MOST people on here do not have physical flaws. Nope. All perfect here. No one has a pig nose, or is over weight, or has a receding hair line, or chipped teeth ... every one here is a flawless hot piece of ass and Victoria Secret is calling them EVERY moment of the day!

Probably not.

I know I have physical flaws.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,903 Posts
I have no problem with people not liking Gaga. I personally think the looks amazing and would love to be as proud of my body as she seems to be. But she's not for everyone. But you have to admit she's one heck of a singer and performer. No lip synching and she plays the heck out of the piano. I love me some Gaga :) I don't always get what she does but she is certainly extremely talented...much more than a lot of other popular artists, IMO.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
I don't really have a problem with people not liking her. (Just more for the fans, LOL). But, I DO have a problem when people start attacking her because of what she looks like. Gets under my skin because, like I said in a bitchy way in my previous post, NO ONE is perfect. We can't all be beauty queens/kings - Victoria Secret models (who aren't perfect either). She (Gaga) has helped me a lot with things - how I look - and to accept who I am. So, when people attack her I feel attacked. Silly, perhaps. But, I've ALMOST learned to not care. Almost. Sometimes the evil defensive mode pops out ... especially lately.

LOVE her music. LOVE her message. LOVE her performances/'costumes'... And yes, she can sure sing. :)

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I could easily overlook her physical flaws if she didn't dress so ridiculously as to distract from them and then have the audacity to claim she was "born this way." Bitch please!

I've seen old performances of hers that were quite respectable BEFORE the 'Gaga' crap, when she was just Stefani Germanotta.

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
My job is amazing!
I get to go to Paris, France :banana:
Downside is, it's a one day return and I will hardly leave the airport (going to Montreuil) :rolleyes:
No Lafayette
No Tour Eiffel
No Arc de Triomph

I said to myself I have to go there for a weekend. Don't know yet when that will happen :p

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Most entertainment artists create some sort of 'persona' around themselves. KISS, Madonna, Elvis, U2, Kraftwerk, etc etc .... it's all part of the act.

Born this way is about being who you want to be (or are - gay, straight, handicapped) without being against yourself. Take your 'flaws' and turn them into something great and unique. She was born to be a performer. An outrageous one, yes. But, take away her costumes, and her 12" high shoes, her fire-y piano, her bubble dress/meat dress ... and you have just another plain performer (that doesn't lip sync). She is a moving piece of art. Always expressing herself. And, as an artist, I see nothing wrong with it. She is an Andy Warhol painting that breathes.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
LUCKY! At least you get to go! :D Even if the stay is short. :p

My job is amazing!
I get to go to Paris, France :banana:
Downside is, it's a one day return and I will hardly leave the airport (going to Montreuil) :rolleyes:
No Lafayette
No Tour Eiffel
No Arc de Triomph

I said to myself I have to go there for a weekend. Don't know yet when that will happen :p

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I never listened to any of Ga Ga's music, and always kinda chuckled on the rare cases when I'd see pictures of her in those outfits.

But I did like the songs they did of hers on Glee, and after hearing her interview on Stern, I have to say, she really impresses me.

For starters, she was BY FAR, the BEST live performer ever on the show. Nothing but a piano and her. She was INCREDIBLE. Her songs literally gave me goose bumps.

Also, after her hearing her one song "Hair" and the story behind it, I kind of understand why she goes overboard with the outfits.

She attended a Catholic school and had to wear a uniform. She wanted nothing more than to be herself, and not look like everyone else. So the only outlet she had, was her hair. She said one year, she grew dreadlocks, and as far as she was concerned, she had the most beautiful hair in the world, and it didn't bother her if others thought it looked bad. Unfortunately, anytime she'd try something different like that with her hair, her mother would sneak in during the middle of the night, and cut her hair.

So I can easily see how someone who just felt so oppressed growing up, especially someone who desperately wanted to be different, could end up as she did.

21941 - 21960 of 23957 Posts